Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IGN Force Unleashed Review

man, havent been on the psstore in too long i suppose :P
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Sic vis pacem para bellum Essen's Avatar
    Well I beat the game two times over my little Fall Break from school and I must voice my opinion of this game.

I can totally see every point that IGN makes about this game, good and bad, however the targeting system isn't AS bad as they make it out to be. About 50% or more through the game you should be rather adept at picking your targets while dodging attacks and keeping note of your surroundings. I have never died because of this "flaw," I may have been hit a few times because of it (the air troopers are annoying). IF anything, when you perform a lightsaber combo it is kind of a fixed animation and I've fallen off a platform to my death because of executing this too near the edge on an enemy.

I found using the force and leveling it up extremely enjoyable. There were a few graphical glitches that I found that were not noted, but they aren't deal breakers or hindrances.

The animation and graphics for the characters lip/mouth/teeth parts during CGI cutscenes was distracting as it looked rushed, especially the girl pilot (her teeth are semi-pointy and rustic brown), and her nostrils lack depth. Beyond that the CGI's are entertaining but sometimes don't fully serve their purpose.

The more difficult enemies should preferably be dispatched of in hide and seek mode where you find cover and force throw shit at them, or jump from cover and electrocute, then recharge and repeat. You can go at them with your lightsaber but I don't recommend that unless you have the Sith damage enhanced aura thing or they are near death. //I hate the Purge Troopers//

The Boss battles I was pleased with to an extent. They could have been better. IGN was displeased with bosses blocking some of your powers, but this isn't entirely true. Sure you will never be able to pick any of them up with your force power and toss them they are f'ing Jedi's (stupid IGN). And about half of the time they will block your Force Electricity with a lightning shield (perfectly normal for a Jedi). Again, my only complaint would be at this one part that isn't even a boss, but you REALLY show your control of the force by pulling a VERY large object and the requirements to get it right are retardedly strict (took me like 25 mins at this part for some reason).

I finished the game in around 15 hours which is good for a title like this. I would compare it somewhat to Ratchet and Clank (for PS3) in terms of gameplay, but with a Stars Wars twist.

I believe it should have been rated around a 8.7.
    Last edited by Essen; 10-12-2008 at 09:15 PM.

Nice review dcikra. I'm still only about an hour into it myself. What platform did you play it on?

Sic vis pacem para bellum Essen's Avatar
    PS3.

I know you have the Wii version, but the PS3/360 visuals really make looking at the lightsaber/environments much more enjoyable. I personally love the "unstable purple" and the black colored sabers.

Craig does the Pilot chick look a Nazi to you at all? Her outfit/look. lolol

yes there is def a third Reich look to her

I beat the game on my PSP first since my 360 was down. It was just okay there. I was surprised at the amount of physics that were still in the PSP version. The controls were really nice.

Now that I've got a replacement 360, I've been playing that version of the game. I have to say that right off the bat I was impressed at how well the PSP version followed the more full 360 version. The levels and cutscenes were all basically the same. As for the 360 version, since playing the PSP version first, I was completely blown away by the graphics. I mean, I was expecting a pretty good step-up from the PSP version, but damn, the game is gorgeous. Not only that, I was surprised with how well and smooth the game handled all of the force powers, enemies on the screen at once, and how much physics were going on at once. I've never really experienced any frame-rate hit at all. They did a great job on integrating everything together and making it play awesomely.

As for the game itself, it get's an "above-average" rating from me. The story isn't real deep, but it's not bad by any means. The game is really just about using the force and completely destroying anything and everything. The controls aren't bad at all. I have no problem selecting objects and throwing them around. The levels are great in design.

What it comes down to is exactly what I expected of it, which is a fun game where you just use the force to wreak havoc. I think people were just expecting more than they should have out of the game. If you look at all the information about the game, none of it is really advertising a compelling storyline that will make you cry. All the advertisement is about "unleash the force to cause armageddon!" They mainly talked about their physics engine and integration and force powers.

If you're looking for a fun, fairly simple game (hack-n-slash with "The Force") then this game is definitely worth a buy.

lol has the wootini seen what yahtzee said about his precious wii version?

ah, what does that git know anyway

I enjoyed playing the demo at least! but... i probably wont get it until i see it on a discount rack or something like that :P
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

The storyline made the game for me. I'm not a huge star wars nerd, but the way everything tied together and showed how the rebel alliance was formed blew me away.

The camera tended to piss me off at times, but the gameplay made up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    denny, i didn't know your cadillac had crank windows.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12