Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: LittleBigPlanet Delayed Due To Religious Scripts In Music

LittleBigPlanet Delayed Due To Religious Scripts In Music

LONDON, England (CNN) -- The release of one of the most hotly awaited computer games in the past year has been delayed over concerns some of the background music may offend Muslims.

"LittleBigPlanet," described by review Web site IGN.com as an "instant classic," has been pulled from warehouses after it was noticed that one of its music tracks contained words from the Islamic holy text, the Quran.
    Would this game be delayed if lines from Bible were set to music? No one knows, but this is interesting to say the least. The Muslim faith does not allow any of its scriptures to be in music and this move was made in an attempt to appease any outcry from the Muslim community.

Link - CNN

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    I read about this yesterday - yet another move to appease one religion. They could have an upside cross with Banana Jesus crucified and they'd release the game in a heartbeat.

rofl:roflmao:

XFX 680i LT ~ Core 2 Duo (E6550) ~ eVGA 8600GTS

Sic vis pacem para bellum Essen's Avatar
    This was posted in the PS3 a while ago by Duke, but yes I think it is ridiculous, but that's how they react to everything so hey.

Gimme ur moneyz...NOW!!! NoobToast's Avatar
    Ug, religion is like the bitchy fat chick...always something to complain about...
    TF2 Addict

Afghanistan [AF]
    Bob
    Give them an option to disable the song and be done with it. Why in the fuck is everyone always trying to impose their religious beliefs on others? Maybe I want to fucking hear a song with stuff from the quran in it (I don't...but hypothetically). Or wait here's a better idea. If you have a problem with the game...don't fucking buy it. But wait...that makes to much sense...can't possible fucking do that. I just don't give a shit about how your religious beliefs make you offended at something...get the fuck over it...no one is forcing you to buy the shit.

//not sure where that came from...but i'm just fucking pissed at that.

Worst. Player. Ever. SonicSpeed's Avatar
    To add on to the article, over at Gamespot they found a bit more info on this.

Cached pages on the official PlayStation forum claim that the two phrases are (literally translated from the original Arabic): "Every soul shall have the taste of death" and "All that is on earth will perish."
    Little Big Planet recalled planetwide, new dates issued - PlayStation 3 News at GameSpot

I would figure that whomever puts together the music would have at least looked up what was said.
    Desktop
    Dell Precision T3500 | Intel Xeon W3530 2.80Ghz | nVidia GeForce GTX 570| 24GB DDR3-1600 |
    Laptop

Thinkpad W530 | Core i7-3840QM 2.8Ghz | 16GB DDR3-1333 | Quadro K1000M | 256GB 840 EVO mSATA | 15.6in FHD LCD

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    well, at least I got a new place to check out, I was getting bored of the Russian dating site.

im getting muslima.com

woot

Music in videogames is already pretty heavily edited anyway. One song in FIFA comes to mind by Jamiroquoai- Feels Just Like it Should. The line in question says:
    ~
    I'm gonna get experience,
    I came to see the candy man
    ~
    The words "candy man" were edited out. So no, I am not surprised at all about this. Besides, it's only delayed 1 week. Those phrases are a wee bit more offensive than "candy man" imo.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast