Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: Fallout 3

Blog Entries

Review: Fallout 3

Fallout 3 is a game that takes the open world idea into a new realm. Across the wasteland you can see standing buildings, ruins, and wasteland all of which you can go to and check out for yourself if you possess the necessary skill, cunning, and firepower to do so. The wasteland is harsh and unforgiving and a super mutant won't think twice about tearing your limbs apart.

GRAPHICS
    The graphics are far from the quality of the recent FarCry 2, but are still excellent. There is an amazing amount of detail across the wasteland and depending on how good of a graphics card you have you can see damn near to infinity especially if you get to a high point. The best part of the graphics is the time when you blow a limb off, then it gets interesting! The details on the characters are great though and it's easy to distinguish what they are even from a distance. Although you don't care what they are if they're shooting or spitting at you, you just want them dead. I give the graphics of this game a 4/5 D keys.

STORY
    The story is excellent and the side quests are tons of fun. The best part of it is that you can choose how you want to do the quests. Sometimes you'll be given two choices one good, one bad depending on how you look at it of course. I mean common you have the choice in the beginning of the game to nuke megaton or to disarm the nuke in megaton. How awesome is that! There's also many side quests you can do and get rewarded for it in either bottle caps or XP points and even in those side quests you can do good or evil. I give the story line 5/5 D keys.

GAMEPLAY
    The gameplay is wonderful. You can carry several different weapons on you and access them with your Pipboy 3000A. As well the weapons degrade over time and eventually break if you don't repair them. Repairs can be done in two different ways: You can either repair them yourself by using another weapon as a parts gun or you can pay somebody to repair it for you. It's much easier to repair it yourself since it's very costly to have someone repair it for you. You also have to have some health regaining options as well. Conviently you can eat what you kill for HP unless it's human, but then again you can do that too later in the game... Although eating food will give you some radiation and after awhile you get radiation poisoning, not fun.... But don't worry there are ways of getting rid of that too! There's so much more to the gameplay that you'd have to write another review just on it. You just need to buy the game and find out for yourself! I give the gameplay 5/5 D keys.

Overall this game is just amazing and beats the hell outta FarCry2... Sorry guys it does... This is a game you can play over and over and it'll be different everytime! I encourage you to purchase it because it is worth it! This game gets 5/5 D keys

Go out and buy it so you can experience the awesome you nubs!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Review: Fallout 3-fallout3.jpg  
    Last edited by joe; 10-31-2008 at 02:16 PM.
    Edited by Teck:
    did you really just ask if Bo has his cwp?

he shot his name into the application form from 1000 yards... while on a Segway... One handed with his USP in .45ACP... While doing pushups AND eating his sandwich...

I assume this was reviewed for the PC version?

Blog Entries
    Yup
    Edited by Teck:

he shot his name into the application form from 1000 yards... while on a Segway... One handed with his USP in .45ACP... While doing pushups AND eating his sandwich...

Sic vis pacem para bellum Essen's Avatar
    Where's the Final D-score? (nvm, I see it.. just not in the usual format I'm used to).

How many hours have you put into the game?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dcikra View Post
    Where's the Final D-score?

How many hours have you put into the game?
    Overall this game is just amazing and beats the hell outta FarCry2... Sorry guys it does... This is a game you can play over and over and it'll be different everytime! I encourage you to purchase it because it is worth it! This game gets 5/5 D keys

I put probably more than 20+ hours in it, lol. I've been playing it almost non-stop it seems. Just can't get enough of it.

Although steam only says 7.1 hours, but I think it wasn't working right cause the game crashed one time and it stopped counting after that.
    Edited by Teck:

Yeah I saw it after I read it fully all the way to the bottom. I'm used to the huge Duke-style big ass D keys at the bottom. I think you can ask Danforth or Craig for the format for reviewing.

Glad you put in at least 20 hours for a game like this so you can fully experience it. Some people play a game for like 5 hours then review it... that's stupid imo.

I was gonna do a thorough mgs4 review with Duke but that never happened; and no one really plays ps3 games here so no point in doing LBP, etc.

Good job though.

Blog Entries
    Yeah I didn't do all the side quests just because some of them I just didn't care for. I wish it would've recorded the hours cause I played it damn near all day yesterday since I didn't have anything better to do.
    Edited by Teck:

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    what's with the odd-looking head in the upper left of the screen? doesn't really go with the apocalyptic theme.

thanks for the review, though! I can believe it beats FC2.

This game look amazing... nice review Boj!

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeShark View Post
    what's with the odd-looking head in the upper left of the screen? doesn't really go with the apocalyptic theme.

thanks for the review, though! I can believe it beats FC2.
    Has to do with the 1950's theme that this game revolves around. It takes place in the 50's and I dunno much more than that to why it ties to that style, perhaps you could fill us in old timer

^From the Collector's Edition of Fallout 3

Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast