Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Rockstar's GTA IV A Failure On PC

Blog Entries

Rockstar's GTA IV A Failure On PC

While Rockstar already launched the PC version of its console smash Grand Theft Auto IV, we ourselves haven't tried out the game yet. It looks like game audiences everywhere are starting to get peeved about numerous issues. Players continue to complain about a variety of errors, from missing textures to crashes and Shack claims two separate, nondescript error codes that kept them from loading the game at all.
    Documented bugs exist on Steam where you can also find a list of user-compiled potential fixes.
    In addition to problems with missing textures, which were attributed to corrupt graphics drivers, a whole bunch of users weren't able to resolve this even after reinstall the drivers. As we've learned, GTA IV PC is also restricting certain players from changing their graphical settings.
    That's not all. As it turns out, gamers are hampered by the game's DRM as well, on top of a cumbersome install/update routine for the much-touted Social Club.
    Rockstar hasn't commented officially on this. Word has it that a patch is in development and there are some workarounds available.
    GTA IV PC Problems Abound

I used to like Rockstar but apparently they just threw this out there not giving to shits about the PC market since they already reaped the console market of all their money. I have yet to be able to play the game without any crashes and the graphics performance is terrible. I have a computer that is way over the minimum reqs and it still performs terrible with missing textures and everything with up to date drivers. It's just terrible. After actually finding away around the start up crash it still has a probability of crashing at cut scenes. It's basically a flip of a coin if it crashes or not. All I have for Rockstar and all these other companies that aren't paying any damn attention to PC is this http://www.granitegrok.com/pix/the%20finger.jpg.
    Last edited by joe; 12-04-2008 at 06:15 PM.
    Edited by Teck:
    did you really just ask if Bo has his cwp?

he shot his name into the application form from 1000 yards... while on a Segway... One handed with his USP in .45ACP... While doing pushups AND eating his sandwich...

Yeah I'm also really disappointed by this failure. I've been waiting for GTA IV PC for so long and now that it's out it's baddddddd. Rockstar probably figured that they've already made enough from the consoles, so then they could cheap out on the PC version. It sucks that they added all those new features, but nobody can really take advantage of them. Rather than the technical issues I've heard most people complaining about SecuROM. Either way, I hope they come out with like a new release then I'd consider getting it.

link?

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin yankeeDEUCE's Avatar
    As it turns out, gamers are hampered by the game's DRM as well
    surprise surprise...

Jawbone Collector in Chief
    yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

Blog Entries
    Updated with link added
    GTA IV PC Problems Abound
    It just seems like they didn't even beta test the damn thing.
    Edited by Teck:

he shot his name into the application form from 1000 yards... while on a Segway... One handed with his USP in .45ACP... While doing pushups AND eating his sandwich...

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    I feel bad for you guys that bought it, not one of my Most Wanted.

United States [US]
    joe
    I was going to get this game, but now I'm glad I waited, hopefully they'll fix the problems and I can pick it up when it's half off or something...

other links to read:

bit-tech.net | Rockstar rushes to fix GTA IV PC issues

bit-tech.net | Review - Grand Theft Auto IV PC

Blog Entries
    This game is a total failure for PC. I can't believe a major company just threw this crap out here. It's just junk. $50 worth of junk. This is just like CoD5 and it's failures on PC. It's only a matter of time before somebody sues companies that do this. It's like selling a car that doesn't run.
    Edited by Teck:

It wasn't much win on console either. The game worked ok, just repetitive as all get out.

MA 15+ shouldn't this be 17+ ?
    Antec Nine Hundred HomebrewV2.9.1 | Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 3.4ghz |4gb 800mhz ddr2 corsair xms2 led ram | WD VelociRaptor 300gb(x3) |Dual 1GB GeForce GTX 285 XXX Cards | Asus Striker Extreme | 1000Watt Enermax Galaxy | Windows 7 Pro | Sony Bravia 32' LCD | Windows 7 Performance Score 6.9 |3d Mark 06 23,106 |

Accounts: - Digg - Vimeo - Twitter - Revision3

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast