Poll: Hardest l4d Versus level

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: What is the hardest l4d Versus level?

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin yankeeDEUCE's Avatar

What is the hardest l4d Versus level?

What do you think the hardest level to play versus is? Pick the hardest for Survivors and the hardest for Infected.

Jawbone Collector in Chief
    yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

United States [US]
    joe
    on the survivor side, went with No Mercy 03 (Sewers) as the hardest, as it's a long (both timewise and distance) level, with multiple opportunities to isolate survivors, and usually a decent tank spawn...No Mercy 04 (Interior) can also be very tough, but that's more dependent of if/when a tank spawns, so I didn't think it deserved the top spot...

for the infected, it was a toss up between Blood Harvest 04 (Barn) and 05 (Cornfield), the Barn level is pretty much impossible to do anything against if the survivors decide to speed run and you don't get a tank in the exact right spot (before the house), and the Cornfield is so linear until you get to the house that it's also very difficult to gain a significant advantage...in the end I chose 04 (Barn) as the most difficult to play as infected...

with the advanced settings, I think the first levels of each campaign are very balanced and fun to play, Blood Harvest 01 (Hilltop) can be devastating for survivors if infected choose their spots carefully (and can isolate players around the rope bridge), and No Mercy 01 (Apartments) is still fun for all the multiple smoker grabs, boomers and car alarms...

way to kill the thread joe...

gosh....

But seriously, it's not that hard. Getting a girl, I mean. Y'all make it sound like attracting a girl is on par with invading a military superpower.
    "May your pains be epic, your joys ecstatic, your efforts heroic and your death magnificent."
    Last edited by n00bs4brkfst; Tomorrow at 05:00 PM.

i enjoyed his write up, an agree with him for the most part.

i voted no mercy 4 - infected. this level is either super easy or super sucktastically hard for some reason.

of course the 05's are really difficult, shit i think with the right teams every thing is really difficult and stressful haha.
    turkey sandwiches

i agree with joe completely. oddly enough, i think that the third map on Mercy is the hardest, but still the funnest for both survivors and infected. i look forward to that round like a kid with a shiny new nickel

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin yankeeDEUCE's Avatar
    I went with No Mercy 3 for Survivors, almost went with 2 because for some reason I'll get on a team that can't make it to the stairs without dying...

I think Blood Harvest 5 is the hardest for Infected, as long as the Survivors are competent it is very hard to kill them. Once they get to the house as long as they stick together it's very difficult to win, they can cut the Tank down in a few seconds outside, and inside is relatively easy to defend against Special/Commons.

Jawbone Collector in Chief
    yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

... i need to play more vs
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Registered User Richardthemadmn's Avatar
    Going against the crowd here, I picked No Mercy 1 for survivors and No Mercy 4 for infected. On the first level of NM you have the jump down where its pretty easy to grab a survivor and kill him/her. But worse is the tank, there are cars EVERYWHERE(four of them). Spawn as the tank, knock the alarm car up to the survivors and then just hit cars everywhere. For the infected NM 4 is pretty tough. The corridors don't allow for much chaos to be sent in at the same time. The survivors all spawn with tier 2 weapons so tanks are easy. And the tank on the rooftop? Taken care of with a well placed propane tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    So, richard decided it would be better if we all just burned to death together, because at least it's still a team effort