Thread: Grand Theft Auto San AnTokyo (Rumor)

Grand Theft Auto San AnTokyo (Rumor)

"We're not talking about new DLC or a collection of previously available DLC, we're talking about a full retail game. We expect this title to follow the suit of previous GTAs and use a subtitle such as GTA: San Andreas, etc. Tokyo might be a possible setting for the game, but details are non-existent at this time."
    Rumor: Rockstar ready to release next GTA by end of 09 :: PlayStation Universe (PSU)

That would be pretty crazy if Rockstar could pull that off with a good game. Aren't they still working on the expansion or whatever for GTA:IV? About the biker gang or whatever? (didn't play the game)
    Shotty h4x FTW!!!

:Rig:
    -(Asus P7P55D)-(Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.8ghz)-(4GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 1333)-(Saphire Radeon HD 4870 1GB DDR5)-(Antec 850w)-

who knows. i think its way too soon for a new game.

I wasn't impressed with GTA IV at all. Decent game inthe beginning but it got very repetitive.

Sic vis pacem para bellum Essen's Avatar
    They already have the next-gen engine built, so that hurdle is out of the way. You have to remember with the past games they released some of them within the same time frame after the previous installment (so this isn't that shocking).

GTA4 is in a bit of a quandary I suppose. They made great revenue from the game, and received those pointless GOTW awards from several reputable sources (despite not really deserving it at all considering the competition), and on paper it would scream "Success!" However, a great deal of their customers--the gamers--are post-disappointed with the game after getting past the decent/good beginning of the game. GTA4 was sweet (to me) during the story, and the MP is so-so (to me), but it just didn't have that same value and random fun as the previous installments after you finished the storyline. Sure, they can mix it up a little bit and make a killing again, but I feel for them to have a similar level of financial and public success they will have to definitely impress with the next GTA.

Quote Originally Posted by Gantua View Post
    I wasn't impressed with GTA IV at all. Decent game inthe beginning but it got very repetitive.
    weren't they all pretty much that way? i mean the initial reaction to the big worlds probably covered that up, but with so many titles being seemingly endless, how does any GTA-esque game not get repetitive?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    weren't they all pretty much that way? i mean the initial reaction to the big worlds probably covered that up, but with so many titles being seemingly endless, how does any GTA-esque game not get repetitive?
    GTA4 didn't have lasting power like the previous GTA's

Blog Entries
    I think they made the world too big, and not enough little hidden stuff or at least interesting things. The other thing is it really is getting repetitive with all the different GTA-esq games (saint's row, godfather, etc.)

There's the pigeons (200 right?), but they are impossible to find more than a 100 of without a guide, and are generally boring to look for.

Blog Entries
    I haven't played GTA IV since the problems I encountered with it.
    Edited by Teck:
    did you really just ask if Bo has his cwp?

he shot his name into the application form from 1000 yards... while on a Segway... One handed with his USP in .45ACP... While doing pushups AND eating his sandwich...