Thread: L4D in 3D--for free

L4D in 3D--for free

http://gamerslastwill.com/2009/02/02...eah-heres-how/

Figured this is a decent place to park this info: "3D Left 4 Dead? For Free? Oh yeah, here's how"

Dunno if this has been posted elsewhere around here...

Includes pictures, and of course, how-tos.
    When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life.
    --Anonymous

Love is like racing across the frozen tundra on a snowmobile which flips over, trapping you underneath. At night, the ice-weasels come.
    -- Matt Groening

That's kinda interesting, I'd try it but it doesn't look viable on XP
    91.xx drivers.

She has her G-string tuned to A Gargs's Avatar
    The stereoscopic effects have been brought up for quite a few games with flight simmers really going deep into the matter. I first learned about it a while ago for FSX. At the time, I didn't realize many of the nVidia cards support it.

I had limited success in XP, though I may give it another go now for this game.

Main station: Intel i7-920 2.66GHz@3.2GHz, 12GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, Gigabyte EX58-UD3R, Barracuda 3x1TGB, Antec 750W PSU, 2x eVGA 460-GTX 1GB SLI, Thermaltake V1-AX, Cooler Master CM Storm

Peripherals: 2x Samsung 25" WS LED, Cooler Master Sirus Headset, Logitech G110, Saitek X52 Hotas, Saitek Pro Rudders, 2x Thrustmaster F16 MFD, Track IR3, Nostromo n52, Logitech G700, Wacom Intuos3 Tablet (6x8)

checking it out now..

[QUOTE=K_Dog;2647550]That's kinda interesting, I'd try it but it doesn't look viable on XP

ok it does work and theres an easier way to do this just go here and down load the stable version , the first menu you see is enable stero options so you don't have to use the registry hack:
    iZ3D Driver List

I tried it and its pretty crazy!
    the only thing is it makes it very laggy, and the crosshairs are doubled if you eyes go out of focus.
    Last edited by Rage1; 02-08-2009 at 12:50 PM.

hmm Ill check it out later

Worst. Player. Ever. SonicSpeed's Avatar
    Trackmania actually has native support for this, if I found a place that had those glasses for the SB I would be trying that out.
    Desktop
    Dell Precision T3500 | Intel Xeon W3530 2.80Ghz | nVidia GeForce GTX 570| 24GB DDR3-1600 |
    Laptop

Thinkpad W530 | Core i7-3840QM 2.8Ghz | 16GB DDR3-1333 | Quadro K1000M | 256GB 840 EVO mSATA | 15.6in FHD LCD

Blog Entries
    most grocery stores and any pepsi or Sobe retailer had them. there were many still available for that Chuck 3D episode a day or two after the bowl, and one of my guys at work picked up a sheet of them last Mon. or Tues. Here's a note from a site telling you on Jan. 5 how to get your 3d glasses:

NOTE: Should a display’s supply of glasses run out, or you can’t find them in your area, call 1-800-646-2904 to obtain a pair.