Thread: Fallout 3 & LittleBigPlanet Win Big At GDC

Fallout 3 & LittleBigPlanet Win Big At GDC

The captivating story-driven videogame made by Bethesda Softworks bested blockbuster rivals including notorious "Grand Theft Auto: IV" and zombie shooter "Left 4 Dead" at the 9th annual Game Developers Choice Awards.

"Fallout 3" also won a Best Writing award at Wednesday's ceremony, considered a highlight of the Game Developers Conference (GDC).

Sony-backed "LittleBigPlanet" developed by Media Molecule of Britain ended the evening with the most awards, capturing top spots for game design technology, innovation, and Best Debut Game.
    Besting L4D is a feat in and amongst itself, though one has to remember that Fallout 3 is more of a single-player experience than Valve's zombie survival title. Were it a multi-player award I'm sure L4D would be the clear winner.

Good for Bethesda though, they've made some great games over the years and it's great to see them be acknowledged by their peers.

Link - Physorg

I have to agree that L4D would take a multiplayer award but it stops there. Lack of story(really no story) and lack of vs maps at launch make it hard to give it an award in any other category. Don't get me wrong the game was well made and came out strong but I think its ability to keep people playing is wearing thin.

Platanos con salami... DominiKing's Avatar
    I agree with you on the points you made on L4D Rage1 except for keeping people playing, there's still a lot of people playing and I'm sure there will continue to be more playing it. LittleBigPlanet is cool but I don't think it should be up there IMO, it's cool but not great.
    "Bounty hunters. We don't need their scum!" [SIZE=1]-Admiral Firmus Piett

We just need the L4D SDK and the game will be awesome again. New maps and game modes will make it fresh again.

Quote Originally Posted by DominiKing View Post
    I agree with you on the points you made on L4D Rage1 except for keeping people playing, there's still a lot of people playing and I'm sure there will continue to be more playing it. LittleBigPlanet is cool but I don't think it should be up there IMO, it's cool but not great.
    :yeahthat:

I'm not saying people aren't playing hell everybody still plays cs or diablo or any other game but I go by how the servers here were always full now there always empty.

Not even surprised about Fallout 3. Shit is SO cash.