Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 09: Nintendo Announces New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Worst. Player. Ever. SonicSpeed's Avatar

E3 09: Nintendo Announces New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Now the longest title in Super Mario history!

Quote Originally Posted by Joystiq
    Nintendo surprised nobody at its press conference by announcing a new Super Mario Bros. for Wii, with Cammie Dunaway and Bill Trinen from Treehouse introducing the aptly titled New Super Mario Bros. Wii. The title will feature multiplayer-friendly gameplay, supporting up to 4 players for some local action.

The multiplayer will have an emphasis on co-operative play, all while maintaining that classic Super Mario look and feel. Thus, you'll find warp pipes, hidden areas, and plenty of coins to collect. It's not all old hat, however, as the NIntendo presentation showed off a new Propeller suit, where Mario and company had a propeller attached to their heads. While playing (you hold the Wiimote sideways), players can jerk the Wiimote up to cause their in-game player to fly into the air.

Nintendo says the game will be available during the holidays this year, and will be on the show floor all this week. You can bet we'll be stomping Goombas as soon as we can, and will be sure to get you our impressions as soon as possible.
    Nintendo reveals new Super Mario Bros. for Wii
    Desktop
    Dell Precision T3500 | Intel Xeon W3530 2.80Ghz | nVidia GeForce GTX 570| 24GB DDR3-1600 |
    Laptop

Thinkpad W530 | Core i7-3840QM 2.8Ghz | 16GB DDR3-1333 | Quadro K1000M | 256GB 840 EVO mSATA | 15.6in FHD LCD

Wow, a side scroller?

Snore:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nintendo's keynote........yawn....oh it's over, ok, lets move on....
    Antec Nine Hundred HomebrewV2.9.1 | Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 3.4ghz |4gb 800mhz ddr2 corsair xms2 led ram | WD VelociRaptor 300gb(x3) |Dual 1GB GeForce GTX 285 XXX Cards | Asus Striker Extreme | 1000Watt Enermax Galaxy | Windows 7 Pro | Sony Bravia 32' LCD | Windows 7 Performance Score 6.9 |3d Mark 06 23,106 |

Accounts: - Digg - Vimeo - Twitter - Revision3

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    we've got ... MARIO!!! SURPRISE!!!!

and he's got.... a PROPELLOR!!! Yes, not just a feather to float with, now you can actually fly!!!

well, yes, like he did on Yoshi with wings. no, it's not all that new, i guess. sigh. BUY IT ANYWAY!!!! it's on the WII!!!!!

Germany [DE]
    UI
    psh, crybabies! You guys get all hyped up at Microsoft ripping off the wii's motion sensing (yeah yeah, minus controllers but it's still a rip off) but you wanna diss a new mario as nothing new? This shit looks cool, just like the classic Super Mario World games, and I bet you'd all enjoy playing it!

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    yeah, but after falling off the 50th cloud level in a row, I got kind of tired of Mario's shit.

Germany [DE]
    UI
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeShark View Post
    yeah, but after falling off the 50th cloud level in a row, I got kind of tired of Mario's shit.

RAGE WHERE IS MY ZELDA!!!!!! Did they steal that vitality sensor off a hospital wing and slap it on saying it's a new direction of gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by useful_idiot View Post
    psh, crybabies! You guys get all hyped up at Microsoft ripping off the wii's motion sensing (yeah yeah, minus controllers but it's still a rip off) but you wanna diss a new mario as nothing new? This shit looks cool, just like the classic Super Mario World games, and I bet you'd all enjoy playing it!
    When Mario gets a gun, then and only then will I enjoy playing it

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast