Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E3- NFS Shift

Blog Entries

E3- NFS Shift

I think it only appropriate that i would keep an eye on this, while still looking out for more on Fuel.

Need For Speed SHIFT Video Game, E3 09: Exclusive Trailer HD | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

As EA themselves says it

Need for Speed SHIFT doesn't follow the traditional narrative arc that an open world action racing game has used to move players through a story. We won't go into detail yet, Need for SpeedShift has an innovative progression that embraces and leverages driver skills and driver progression through raw and visceral elements of track based racing to deliver a new fun experience.
    It sounds to me that thanks to the success of Grid, Forza and the other Racing Simulators, that Need For Speed Shift will be much more of the same. Of course it looks good so far, but we will just have to see. If they can greatly improve on the racing simulation, and actually deliver a top notch racing sim, while improving on the customization that they have had with all of their games, we may have something that will cause me to forget the other two blasphemys that were Pro Street and undercover.

Here's to staying hopeful :cheers:

I'm with you on this one! If it could have the cuztomization AND the simulation experience, I'm on it!

Blog Entries
    looks very cool
    Edited by Teck:
    did you really just ask if Bo has his cwp?

he shot his name into the application form from 1000 yards... while on a Segway... One handed with his USP in .45ACP... While doing pushups AND eating his sandwich...

i read that too fast and thought it said NFS Shit.

Intel i7 920 2.67Ghz - GeForce GTX 670 - ASUS Sabertooth X58 Mobo - CORSAIR DDR3 6GB RAM - Antec 900 Case - Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W PS - Razer Mamba/Anasi

If this is half as good as Grid, it's already a success.

Platanos con salami... DominiKing's Avatar
    this actually looks real good, my type of racing i want a new rally racing game to come out though, need to go past rsc2
    "Bounty hunters. We don't need their scum!" [SIZE=1]-Admiral Firmus Piett

You're missing some vital information.

This is the first Need for Speed (in a long, long, long time) that is not developed by EA Black Box. Need for Speed: Shift is developed by Slighty Mad Studios, who used to be called Blimey! Games. The significance of this is that Blimey! Games was the core development team for GTR, GTR2, and GT Legends. All three of those games were heavy racing simulators. They were not arcade-like in any way and were mainly developed for the hardcore racers that wanted a realistic racing sim.

Since this is a game targeted for consoles and a larger audience (especially since it's EA), I expect NFS:S to be arcade-like, but at the same time it will also be a decent racing sim because of the developer's history.

This is the first Need for Speed game in a long time that I'm actually interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by DominiKing View Post
    i want a new rally racing game to come out though, need to go past rsc2
    GT5 on the PS3 will have rally. They picked up a license for NASCAR and FIA WRC, so hopefully it will be decent.

Germany [DE]
    UI
    HOLY shit, just saw a commercial for this last night with actual in game footage, and this game looks intense.

Ghillie suit and M95 ready!
    I preordered the game, I should start pre-loading next week. Can't wait to race with that, see how the game feels compared to other racing games

Blog Entries
    Let us know how it is. I'd be interested in getting it if it's worth a poo.
    Edited by Teck:
    did you really just ask if Bo has his cwp?

he shot his name into the application form from 1000 yards... while on a Segway... One handed with his USP in .45ACP... While doing pushups AND eating his sandwich...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast