Thread: More Details on Rage Emerge

United States [US]
    joe

More Details on Rage Emerge

Shacknews (via the most recent issue of Game Informer) has the scoop on new details about Rage, the upcoming shooter-racing-action game from id Software. There's a lot of information concerning the game, including it's console focus, how the PC version will differ, and the problems the team is facing with the storage medium (DVD vs Blu-ray).

Link: Rage Details: Regenerating Health, Designed for Controllers, Car Upgrades, DVD vs. Blu-ray - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads

Id Software really needs a homerun. Sure they're fat in the pants from years of engine licensing, but they really need a good in-house IP to once again put them where they need to be in the history of game developing studios.

Yeah, ID really hasn't blown people away that much reciently - but this game looks VERY interesting. I am kinda dissapointed that this game is going to be geared toward console players and not the PC though.. I'm just hoping they don't half-ass the pc controls where it doesn't feel 'right' :P

Starting to remind me of an even more dynamic FallOut 3 where you get vehicles as well... and everything with it appears to be very detailed. If they succeed this could very well back in the picture of the big time studios.
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Agreed on the console comment. Sadly that's what we're going to have to deal with from here on out because of how rampant piracy is on the PC platform.

At least Valve still loves us PC lovers

yeah, seems like Valve (Steam) and Blizzard (now with BattleNet2.0) are the way of the future when it comes to battling pc piracy... for the most part anyways.

but i really don't like it when the pc part is practically nerfed because it was intended for the console, and ported over to the PC :P
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

There is still the awful chance that if (when?) they close down, how do we play our games

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    usually there's a trigger in place that will release the games to not communicate with the authentication server any more.

The outdoor scenes looks amazing in the GI Article.