Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34

Thread: Apple Releases Safari 4 Beta For Windows & Mac

Well, Safari has always been a bit of a memory hog. They've definitely toned it down some, but it's still up there.

That memory usage is with XP, though, so that's not a very accurate representation.

If you really want to check out accurate memory usage, you can actually use Chrome. In the address bar, type in "about:memory" and then look at the Private column under Memory. That's what the browser is actually using.

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopefish View Post
    Well, Safari has always been a bit of a memory hog. They've definitely toned it down some, but it's still up there.

That memory usage is with XP, though, so that's not a very accurate representation.

If you really want to check out accurate memory usage, you can actually use Chrome. In the address bar, type in "about:memory" and then look at the Private column under Memory. That's what the browser is actually using.
    Yeah, I was just killing some other process when I noticed Safari at the top of the list, I wasn't going for total accuracy, just wondering if that was my installation, or if that's mostly accurate.

Blog Entries
    The path in Safari 4! A New Mac Tip Every Day

pretty interesting tip I didn't even know existed before. On Safari 3, the trick is to hold down the Command (apple button) while clicking on the site name at the very top of the browser. On Safari 4 (beta) that is now done by holding down ctrl and clicking, which will look like this:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34