Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone App Programming

Re: iPhone App Programming

there's no way to guess that tulkas. that's why they call it 'beta testing'

the other issue you have with an iPhone app for corp use is that you have to get the app approved to be in the app store eventually. that means it has to pass apple's tests as well. not a big deal, but the smallest issue can push you back months in cue for being placed into the app store. it is very frustrating for corporate entities to have to rely on a 3rd party for verification of something they plan to roll out in an enterprise situation.

Blog Entries

as I said though, it's just a startup and very small at that. I just threw out the suggestion of an iPhone app cause basically everyone I know has a damn iPhone, and it falls right in line with what these kids want to do with a message and all. They currently do it on facebook, but they want to expand technologically.

Well I'm a little brain dead today but couldn't you do this with a nice webpage optimized for mobile use? I may be totally missing the concept.

@tulkas,

agreed. a solid iphone app can be very helpful. you just have to weigh the development time/costs along with the fact that in the end, you still won't control your own product (the app in this case), apple will. it's daunting to say the least.

good idea kdog. what about a mobile web app tulkas?

Quote Originally Posted by K_Dog View Post
    Well I'm a little brain dead today but couldn't you do this with a nice webpage optimized for mobile use? I may be totally missing the concept.
    That's what I was going to say. I mean hell, you can access your company's internal resources using an iPhone and a simple SSLVPN appliance. web pages rule. thin client for life

Blog Entries

Hmm. I'm not sure about that, it sounds good.

What my friend wants though is for the app to send quotes, probably from himself, to ppl who have downloaded the app randomly. So, they get it almost as a text or sms I guess. The whole point really is the message and to say they have an iPhone app. Plus, he would like everyone to get the message at the same time. It's all about this new age "Power of Now" stuff associated with a watch (and other things) company.

I just think with a mobile webapp, ppl would still have to go there themselves. Again though, I wouldn't know how to do any of this myself, I just know Apple does Apps, lots of ppl think they are cool, and you should be able to do what he wants to some extent.

So he wants to tweet ?
    Am I correct in that you can't run more than one app in the iphone at a time ? if so it doesn't seem practical to have tha app running all the time. couldn't he send txt msgs to phonenumber@carrier ?

Craig can. he keeps a second iPhone in the other holster

I couldn't hear anything DJ_Wheels's Avatar

I guess you could do it with push notifications, but this app sounds completely useless to me. You need a subscriber list to send SMS to.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast