Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Too bad Craig isn't around anymore...

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

Re: Too bad Craig isn't around anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by wootini View Post
    With Win8 and its promising UI for tablets on the horizon, MS would be wise to begin integrating further up the value chain. A buy of Nokia would be a great starting place in my estimation. This could lock them into a solid hardware solution for their flagship mobile devices (Look at Google/Motorola). Then, focusing on content in the media world (e.g., movies, TV), and bringing more developers into the Win8 world. Aborting Steve Ballmer would also probably happen around this time. He served his purpose, but the industry is moving beyond his scope. I'm still holding out for a Gates return... I just believe it could happen.
    agreed with all except nokia buy. MS can't because they are a software company, same reason they didn't 'buy' Nokia for phones. google bought Motorola Mobile and the rest of the hardware suppliers got jumpy. If Microsoft buys Nokia and pisses off Samsung and other WINDOWS hardware makers, they could lose laptop and desktop manufacturers.

It's tempting to make a flagship product, like a pure Google Phone. But it alienates your manufacturers, which Microsoft is in a unique position to do, unlike Apple and Google.

As for Ballmer, you're right, he did his job keeping the company together after Gates left. But the guys that should've taken over have left the company already.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeShark View Post
    As for Ballmer, you're right, he did his job keeping the company together after Gates left. But the guys that should've taken over have left the company already.
    I don't think Ray Ozzie ever intended to be the head of Microsoft. Sinofsky is pretty interesting since he likes to give everyone an over abundance of information and Win 7+ seem to be his babies.

In this economy, no matter who comes or goes, stays or gets booted, every... and I mean EVERY move MS makes HAS to make good business sense. Now's not the time to take a lot of risk. Win8 seems to be striking a positive chord, so wtf... stay the course.

Last edited by knife rush ftw; 09-02-2008 at 10:52 PM.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Really. Do tell more.

Well, we're at Windows 10, so I don't really see the point.

0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23