Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Too bad Craig isn't around anymore...

Too bad Craig isn't around anymore...

Apple just reached 25 Billion in app sales.

Apple crosses 25 billion App Store downloads, thanks all the little people -- Engadget

No matter what you think of Apple, this is amazing. (I'm the furthest removed from Apple: I have a Droid X, and 4 Alienware computers. )

Re: Too bad Craig isn't around anymore...

As a would-be investor, I really like apple. I think it has been a tremendous investment opportunity while Mr. Jobs was at the helm. How it will perform in the future is totally up to speculation, but I don't think you can expect it to have quite the same return.

I do have problems with their philosophy, both inside corporate, and also how they treat their customers and what they expect of them. Never really felt like it was for me. But, there are clearly millions of people that don't mind it. Good for them

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

while I think their stock might be maxing out, they have built-in customer base for each new product and guaranteed sales

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    As a would-be investor, I really like apple. I think it has been a tremendous investment opportunity while Mr. Jobs was at the helm. How it will perform in the future is totally up to speculation, but I don't think you can expect it to have quite the same return.

I do have problems with their philosophy, both inside corporate, and also how they treat their customers and what they expect of them. Never really felt like it was for me. But, there are clearly millions of people that don't mind it. Good for them
    You're always a potential investor. Everyone is.

If you can explain to me the problem you have with how they treat their customers, because I would love to hear it and think it very interesting. They have great customer service and service. When I sent my computer in, they replaced items (i.e. replaced my casing from a dent I put in it) without me asking or complaining.

Unless Apple starts shitting out dividends like Microsoft has (for decades), they're a terrible investment. Your only hope otherwise is to buy stock, hope it keeps going up at a reasonable rate over a reasonable time, and sell off. You can do this once. After that, unless the stock plummets, you have to buy in again, and hope again that it keeps going up.

But, I guess you could rub a lucky rabbits foot and hope for another split. Microsoft has had 9 while Apple has had 3 in the same time period. And for the record, at the most recent Apple stockholder meeting, Apple failed to agree to either a split or a dividend.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

That's how they got the billions of dollars they have in their coffers there. Now they need to use that money wisely. And Microsoft doesn't exactly pay a big dividend but at least they give their stockholders/owners something.

That's crazy - but yeah, there's only so far up you can go before... well, you just can't go up anymore. They need to innovate and so far they're doing pretty well in the handheld markets and such, but if they really really want to keep going up, they need to design an OS that is large network/business friendly. practically all they do is directed to individual users.
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

i really don't think Apple needs to try to get into the business market - they do so through consumer devices that are adopted in numbers, then pressure put on IT staff to integrate them - later they add some enterprise software, like they did with the iPhone.

Few businesses can adopt OSX en masse (few outside design studios and related), and iOS obviously isn't going to be the OS of choice for a corporation. But the consumer market moves more quickly than the corporate, so while businesses buy PCs every 3 or 4 years, and OSs every 7-10, consumers are buying new iPads every year. EVERY YEAR.

I doubt Apple stock is anywhere near maxing out. Look at Berkshire Hathaway stock. It's at $117,500 a share.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

WTF?????? I just looked it up, how is that possible?

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast