Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: widescreen resolutions on call of duty

widescreen resolutions on call of duty (FIX / PATCH)

hey all..i've checked out widescreengamingforum for a good bit last night...still cant find out how to add some more widescreen resolutions to call of duty...i dont believe there are any cfg files to edit....i didnt see any anyways......

i think it may have offered 1680 x 1050 as a resolution...i had wanted to add 1440x900 to see if i noticed a difference.....can anyone help? thanks!
    Last edited by Teck; 11-27-2007 at 02:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WSG Forums
    I'm pretty sure this game has been posted here, before, many times. However, I did a search on the forums, and was not able to find the detailed information about it that should be posted. So, here is my thread on widescreen gaming in Call of Duty for PC.

When we make a game widescreen that does not already have widescreen settings, we need to 'hack' it, patch it, or simply switch the resolution and aspect ratio in the video settings of the game, which are usually found in the options menu.

In the case of Call of Duty, or CoD for short, one would use the 'hack' method. For CoD, we would browse to our Call of Duty Main folder (in my case C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\Main\), and open the config.cfg file with notepad, or any text-editing program.

Search for the following in red and change their values to your specific details. Setting r_mode to -1 is to allow the videos in the beginning to play normally, according to your 'hacked' settings.

seta cg_fov "106.6"
    seta r_mode "-1"
    seta r_customheight "1050"
    seta r_customwidth "1680"

Save your changes to config.cfg.

Quote Originally Posted by WSG Forums
    I propose the following as the best widescreen solution for Call of Duty. It contains precise FOV recommendations plus a new method to avoid the Activision and Infinity Ward intros that do not display anyway.

This applies to Single Player only. Make all changes in the following file using WordPad or Notepad. Be sure to do a File>Save when you're finished.

C:\Program Files\Call of Duty\Main\config.cfg

For a 16:9 Aspect Ratio Resolution:

seta cg_fov "96.4183" (Changes FOV from default of 80.)
    seta r_mode "-1" (Allows custom resolutions to work.)
    seta r_customheight "720" (Enter your own "Y Axis" resolution.)
    seta r_customwidth "1280" (Enter your own "X Axis" resolution.)
    seta com_introplayed "1" (Skips the Activision and Infinity Ward intros. Otherwise, you'll hear sound only.)

For a 16:10 Aspect Ratio Resolution:

seta cg_fov "90.3951" (Changes FOV from default of 80.)
    seta r_mode "-1" (Allows custom resolutions to work.)
    seta r_customheight "1200" (Enter your own "Y Axis" resolution.)
    seta r_customwidth "1920" (Enter your own "X Axis" resolution.)
    seta com_introplayed "1" (Skips the Activision and Infinity Ward intros. Otherwise, you'll hear sound only.)

In Multiplayer you can force custom resolutions using the same settings, but it is impossible to increase the default FOV. It will always revert to 80. For this reason, I suggest playing multiplayer at a "normal" 4:3 resolution.
    Those are two really old widescreen resolution solutions for the previous Call of Duty games...
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

"In Multiplayer you can force custom resolutions using the same settings, but it is impossible to increase the default FOV. It will always revert to 80. For this reason, I suggest playing multiplayer at a "normal" 4:3 resolution."

This is incorrect.

This game handles FOVs differently. Using a FOV of 80 in 4:3 will have the same camera position as FOV of 80 in 16:10. In 16:10, you gain the extra width on the sides. By telling someone to use 4:3 is telling them to remove the added width they got.

You can also ignore the r_customWidth, r_mode, and r_customHeight commands. You only need to set r_customMode.

If you want 1440x900, drop the console and type:
    \r_customMode "1440x900"
    \vid_restart

Also, if you use an aspect ratio other than 4:3, 16:10 or 16:9, you can check out my Widescreen Fixer. It allows you to use some standard and non-standard aspect ratios.

Platanos con salami... DominiKing's Avatar
    Great find, i'll be needing this within a day or two.
    "Bounty hunters. We don't need their scum!" [SIZE=1]-Admiral Firmus Piett

Blog Entries
    I only bumped / added to this thread because We've been getting hit a lot with people looking for a widescreen fix and or solution for call of Duty.

w00t!

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

T-Bagging The Critically Wounded BetterOffDead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopefish View Post
    If you want 1440x900, drop the console and type:
    \r_customMode "1440x900"
    \vid_restart

Also, if you use an aspect ratio other than 4:3, 16:10 or 16:9, you can check out my Widescreen Fixer. It allows you to use some standard and non-standard aspect ratios.
    Dope is the l33t Widescreen haxor!

I just got my 22" Wide, thanks guys. The website with the program works well, try it out if needed.

Blog Entries
    Nice!

I dont know but it seems that I dont need the program. On CoD it just has the 16:10 (as well as other) resolutions already in the game. I'll be using it for BF2 though. As for CoD, I guess they fixed the problem with that already.

Teck, it's ill. A million times better than what I had hoped for. I got the Samsung 22" Widescreen SyncMaster 220WM for 200 bucks at Best Buy. I never liked BlackFriday as much as I do today. Eeeeee!

Blog Entries
    Damn $200

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast