Thread: Finally took a break from Zelda.... Viva Piņata!

Finally took a break from Zelda.... Viva Piņata!

Wow, what a fun and engrossing game. I am having so much fun playing this game and it reminds me a lot of the old series on the PC called Dungeon Keeper, of which I was a huge fan.

In the game, you are given a plot of land, which is really ugly/bad, and its up to you to fix it up, plant grass, flowers, fruit trees, vegetables, and create ponds, homes, etc, to attract different kinds of piņatas. In this game piņatas are living animals, and its up to you to keep them happy, make sure they breed, sell their off spring, have all piņatas live on your garden/farm which grows over time, level up in the process, and eventualy have all 60 piņatas living in your farm.

Getting there however, is very difficult. The world of Viva Piņata is governed by the same laws of nature that exist in our world, and snake piņatas will eat your rodent piņatas, and bee piņatas will eat ant piņatas, etc, etc, etc.

Then you have to add to the mix the evil piņatas that come to cause havoc in your farm. These "sour" piņatas come in and torment your good piņatas, sometimes making them ill... which opens the door for the equivalent of death, to come and finish off your piņata, unless you call the doctor in time.

This is but a taste of what you are thrown into when you boot up Viva Piņata, and it only gets better and mroe frantic. Think of it as a mix of Pokemon, with a bit of Animal crossing, and a dash of Harvest Moon, but with great graphics, an amazing visual style, and more.

Sounds neat. Ill wait till it hits $19 which should be in about 3 weeks

Good stuff E. I'm waiting for the first round of used Wii's to hit fleaBay and I'm all over it

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Good stuff E. I'm waiting for the first round of used Wii's to hit fleaBay and I'm all over it
    Its on the 360!

But I honestly dont blame you guys for not having tried it out or having heard about it. With great titles like Splinter Cell, Gears of War, Rainbow Six, etc... Viva Pinata was sort of left in the background. And it doesnt help that the live demo is not a demo, but a short clip of gameplays.