Thread: Won't be long now

Won't be long now

and they'll start charging.

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantua View Post
    and they'll start charging.
    The websites that charge usually hook you for high-speed downloading, or exclusive demos/content, etc.

In most cases, the majority of the site stays free, regardless, while you have the option to pay for other features (like GameSpot).

I can't speak for the sR owners, but an ad-based revenue site like sR could likely exist just fine on that revenue, and I wouldn't be against an upgrade charge for additional content that is worthwhile to me.

As of this time, you get forums, reviews, file downloads, and more for no charge. Not a bad deal. Now go click on the ad to your right.

You wanna play rough? Okay Guntizzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeShark View Post
    The websites that charge usually hook you for high-speed downloading, or exclusive demos/content, etc.

In most cases, the majority of the site stays free, regardless, while you have the option to pay for other features (like GameSpot).

I can't speak for the sR owners, but an ad-based revenue site like sR could likely exist just fine on that revenue, and I wouldn't be against an upgrade charge for additional content that is worthwhile to me.

As of this time, you get forums, reviews, file downloads, and more for no charge. Not a bad deal. Now go click on the ad to your right.

yea pretty much, sR wants to be self supporting as much as possible, the ads are as far as we've gone, but hosting servers and databases can be more costly than you think