Thread: Why I have no Mic..

Why I have no Mic..

Well I dont really like to talk about this, because people look at me much differently when I do, but I know the question will come up, "Why dont you have a mic?" Well I used to be in the United States Army. We were in a supposedly cleared area and so we entered a building. As I went into the house, I found an insurgent
    planting a bomb behind a desk and took him out with my pistol. As soon as I knew the building was occupied, I entered the next room and there was another one standing there. I shot him but behind me was another one and as I swirved around, I was shot from behind in the arm and neck. Amazingly I survived but since then I have not been able to speak besides low, scratchy tones that nobody can even hear.. I have every command I need for CAL on shortkeys to make up for it. I have had 3 surgeries since then and its not looking much better. I still have hope and pray that someday Ill be able to speak again. So thats my story and dont treat me any differently than you would before this. That is why Im so squirmish about telling people online...

I won't look at you or think of you differently. At least you have some solid life experience to talk about, which most of us can't. I am glad to have you as a CT whore on Assault. Most useful ! See you around.

CSS ADMIN PM REIRRACON FOR ASSISTANCE

Here comes the BOOM! Switchblade's Avatar
    Wow. Sorry to hear about that happening. Hopefully things get better for you. And you say you fought in the U.S. Army? Well I have the utmost respect for you. Anyone that fights for their country and for the safety of their people is an honorable person to the highest degree.

I've always wondered what to do if I meet someone in the military that I respect a whole lot. I know you're supposed to salute to your superiors and I've always thought about doing that when someone who fought in the Army/Navy/Air Force came across my path. I just don't know what the proper thing for a non-military person to do to show their respect to a member of one of the Armed Forces. Strange question I guess, but I'd like to show my respect to anyone who serves their country, especially my own country, the United States, and I'd like to make sure I did it right.

And like I said, hopefully things get better for you, and I don't think you need to worry about people judging you about that here. Most of the CSS players in the strafeRight community are great people. I say most because I can't vouch for everyone, but you can be sure that a great majority of strafeRight members are some of the coolest dudes you'll meet on any forum or server.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

Afghanistan [AF]
    Bob
    I just wanted to say I have the utmost (spelling) respect for you guys and what you do. I support you all the way. Hope one day you get better.

Thanks. That means a lot to me but actually I originally didnt sign up to protect my country.. My father was in the Twin Towers when they were attacked on 9/11 and as soon as I got the news, I joined up. As I went through it, I started to do it more for the country and now I do everything for my country instead of avenging my father's death..

youve done a great service for your country and i salute you.

CAPT-KEVLAR USMC 1981-1988

My name really shows who I am; WarHawk means: The term War Hawk (or warhawk or hawk) has been used to describe people with "hawkish" positions on warfare.

Warhawk FTW