Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPhone FTL

iPhone FTL

Hold off on buyin' that iPhone.

Putting HD video on your phone | Tech News on ZDNet
    But seriously, it's not that hard. Getting a girl, I mean. Y'all make it sound like attracting a girl is on par with invading a military superpower.
    "May your pains be epic, your joys ecstatic, your efforts heroic and your death magnificent."
    Last edited by n00bs4brkfst; Tomorrow at 05:00 PM.

thats the same thing with any piece of technology...

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin yankeeDEUCE's Avatar
    Apple will release one of the most highly touted cell phones in history this week. And by next year, those first iPhones will likely be woefully outdated.
    iPhone is already outdated.

Jawbone Collector in Chief
    yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    i'm so shocked that TV viewing on cellphones 'hasn't taken off' as expected.

not.

Z
    This has to be one of the stupidest reasons with which to bash a iPhone.

Who gives a damn about having HD on any cellphone, none of them have a screen large enough to make it remotley useful.

And as for better cellphone cameras, nice? Yes.
    But that's not the reason you buy a cellphone, and definitely not the reason people purchase smartphones, iPhone or otherwise.

Finally this is electronic technology we are talking about. You could apply your same worthless argument to anything is the tech industry. Case in point, the graphics card in your system. In one year, there is little doubt that the 8800 is going to be usurped by something new and far more powerful. So you should hold off on getting that new graphics card since in a year it's going to look bad in comparison to the new thing.

Friggin idiot, if your going to bash something make sure you've got a good argument and are not just being an idiotic anti-mac fanboy. So sick of people who can't say intelligent things.

uzumaki...
    ...spiraling into madness

Quote Originally Posted by Zeiram View Post

Who gives a damn about having HD on any cellphone, none of them have a screen large enough to make it remotley useful.
    It's not just the fact that the phone can do HD, it shows the power of the CPU.

And as for better cellphone cameras, nice? Yes.
    But that's not the reason you buy a cellphone, and definitely not the reason people purchase smartphones, iPhone or otherwise.
    True, but if peripheral aren't important to a phone why does the iPhone have them????

Finally this is electronic technology we are talking about. You could apply your same worthless argument to anything is the tech industry. Case in point, the graphics card in your system. In one year, there is little doubt that the 8800 is going to be usurped by something new and far more powerful. So you should hold off on getting that new graphics card since in a year it's going to look bad in comparison to the new thing.
    Yes, but the 8800 is not going to be one upped so horribly as the iPhone is.(So far as I know)

Friggin idiot, if your going to bash something make sure you've got a good argument and are not just being an idiotic anti-mac fanboy. So sick of people who can't say intelligent things.
    Oh, so now we're playing the name game.

Real "intelligent."

I'm not anti-Mac either, I think it's great that a company is using capitalism to their advantage. I just think it's WAY overpriced so you can spend your $500 anyway you want.

Payin' for all those services is gonna suck tho'. :mad:

-Rick James
    Last edited by n00bs4brkfst; 06-28-2007 at 02:45 PM.
    But seriously, it's not that hard. Getting a girl, I mean. Y'all make it sound like attracting a girl is on par with invading a military superpower.
    "May your pains be epic, your joys ecstatic, your efforts heroic and your death magnificent."
    Last edited by n00bs4brkfst; Tomorrow at 05:00 PM.

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin yankeeDEUCE's Avatar
    Only reason people will buy the iPhone is that they have a hard on for Apple.

Jawbone Collector in Chief
    yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

I have to say I know almost nothing about the Iphone. I have a cell phone that I never carry or use. but watching the commercials for the Iphone kinda makes me want one
    Apple Marketing ftw

Z
    CPU power - Again, its a friggin cell phone. Whoop de doo. What the hell are you going to be doing that needs that much power. Not to mention that much power consumption.

If your doing something that would require that much power, bets are it's going to be irritating to do on a cellphone either because of interface limitations or screen size limitations.

Outdatedness - Again your argument's pointless. Even if it is outdated, it will still be more than adequate to get the job done. Just like an 8800 will compared to whatever the new hot thing is next year. And the iPhone will not be alone in this. Every single current high end phone is affected by this.

"Oh noes... Our "smartphones" which we are buying for net browsing and email capabilities to be able to stay even more connected are going to be crappy compared to next years phones in terms of their ability to play HD videos, on a 2" screen"

And as for price. Yes it's $200 bucks more than AT&T's other high-end smartphone model. Bigger, sharper screen, better battery life, brand new multi-touch touchscreen, 4 gigs of flash memory. It's not like it doesn't have justification.

Is the price still being marked up a bit? Probably. But that wasn't the stupid reason you picked to go bashing, and even if it were, it's a stupid reason to bash on it. If you can't afford it, or rather not pay out the money for it. Congratulations you aren't Apple's target consumer. Somebody has the means to get it and will get it.

Idiot.

uzumaki...
    ...spiraling into madness

DEX
    i think we all feel the same way about Zeiram's points towards this whole matter and breakfast.

mg: mg: mg:
    OWNED!!!mg: mg: mg:
    no offence breakfast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 06-28-2007, 01:11 PM