Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 in game experiences of 2007

Top 5 in game experiences of 2007

What are your top 5 moments/experiences?

1. Rapture in Bioshock... i think i had the biggest reaction overall with this game.. it just blew me away... i haven't felt this way since the original Half-Life 2 was released.

2. Orange Box - HL2E2 - The last sequence when you have to defend the base from the Striders... that was an amazing battle! Portal - progressing through each level differently and then watching THIS! and THIS! - TF2 - Probably the deepest valued multiplayer game ever released.

3. World in Conflict - ive never been so addicted to an RTS before. when i started playing the beta back in April all the way to the game's release.. just an awesome idea for an RTS multiplayer game...

4. Call of Duty 4 - the single player campaign was very well done. you get that COD "feel" where you fight next to your squad members and carry out missions and there's never a dull moment... the multiplayer aspect is fun at some points too.

5. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - what a beautiful game, with great controls a great story and great gameplay. one of the most satisfying single player only games i've ever played

nice pick duke for #1.

tf2 has provided me with more fun than any other game in a long time.

steam-mattik13
    matt@straferight.com

Originally Posted by DennyCrane
    Halfway through, the loss of Assault, Frank, ASG clan, etc hit him and he wept in his maple syrup puddle.

so do you guys have a top 5 or what?

i can give you my 5, but I didnt really have the time or money to play a lot of new games.

1. tf2- addicted the moment i bought it- provided me with more fun that I have had in a long time.

2. xenogears- I actually borrowed this from a friend since I never got to play it through. my favorite rpg to date. amazing game.

3. Final Fantasy XII- the new direction scared a lot of people away, but I simply loved the gameplay, and the cast of characters was incredible

4. CSS- have to include the game i play the most on this list no matter what. Countless hours of fun with all the guys and gals. especially on my home, assault.

5. Gears of War- the Co-Op story mode provided awesome gaming time with some of my closest friends.

(yup my list is old games but they are what got me by this year )

steam-mattik13
    matt@straferight.com

Originally Posted by DennyCrane
    Halfway through, the loss of Assault, Frank, ASG clan, etc hit him and he wept in his maple syrup puddle.

You wanna play rough? Okay Guntizzle's Avatar
    1. Halo 3 campaign on legendary with Burt and Taxi - I cant even tell you so much fun we had all playing together, burt & taxi blind sided by tanks, someone getting a grenade stuck to them and then running into the rest of us. it was just great fun.

2. Orange box - same with duke, portal was amazing story, TF2 was great multiplayer fun, HL2:EP2 great story and that epic strider battle

3. Call of duty 4 - Great story line and hours of multiplayer was great fun

4. Bioshock - as with duke amazing story line, best game ive played in a long time.

5. MOH: Airborne - Just parachuting to anywhere on the level was pure ingenious and awesome, landing on a tower in the middle of the map only to snipe a wave of nazis cant go wrong.

#1 Orange Box - The most fun I have ever had sitting at my computer.

#2 Bioshock - Single best single player game I have played since HL2.

#3 Call of Duty - Great single and multi player.

#4 Halo 3 - The ending on Co-op with Gun and Burt was easily the most fun I have had on my Xbox in a long time.

#5 Tomb Raider Anniversary - The only good remake I have ever played.

Overall its been a good year for gaming.

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    I was pleasantly surprised by my level of involvement in Portal, to the point where CoffeeJr and the Princess watched the game, adding helpful suggestions about how to proceed and what to try.

1. Bioshock - loved it...
    2. Half-Life 2 / Orange Box - ( I just got the game with the orange box :-0)
    3. Call of Duty 4 - many more hours to come with the MP
    4. Call of Duty 2 - lots of lolz
    5. Civilization 4 : Beyond the Sword - if you like Civ, get it, single greatest expansion pack..

1. Launching SR v4.0
    2. BioShock
    3. All of the SR CS:Source Tournaments
    4. CoD4 demo (i've not started single player yet but the demo amazed me)
    5. Backhall nade wall in SR Office!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 12-13-2007, 08:02 AM