Page 1 of 12 12611 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 E3 Summary - Day 1 & 2

2008 E3 Summary - Day 1 & 2

2008 E3 Summary

Days 1 & 2

This is a summary of the good/bad that I have seen so far at E3 as well as the ranks the three big companies came in. (IMO of course)

If anyone remembers I did the same thing last year. You can read it here if you want.

1. Sony

a) Resistance 2 is awesome looking!

b) LBP coming October 2008

c) Buzz is coming to PS3 and PSP

d) LEGO Batman PS2 bundle. Comes with Lego Batman and Justice League movie - $149

e) Over 10 million PSN users; New PSN title - Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty; looks gorgeous, episodic

f) Montage of PSN titles now. Crash Commando, Fat Princess, Pixel Junk Eden, Pain, Flower, Siren blood Curse, Rag Doll Kungfu

g) Gran Turismo TV now. PPV programming available in the game, Top Gear BBC,

h) PSN Video Download service; Sony, Fox, MGM, Lionsgate, Warner, Disney, Paramount, Turner, and Funimation coming to video store; Both rental and purchase. 1.99 to 2.99 for TV, 2.99 to 4.99 for movies; content is portable and can be used on your PSP!!!!!!!!!1 purchase movies for $14.99 - not HD though; Service available TONIGHT!!!!!!!

i) ANOTHER PSP bundle. Ratchet and Clank Size Matters Pack, has Book of Secrets and Echochrome with a 1GB stick, Resistance Retribution for PSP!!!!!!!!, Spring 2009, Super Stardust Portable!

k) Google & Sony Online Entertainment !!!!! DC Universe Coming, end of July. Looks mad awesome!!!!! DC Universe Online; 80GB PS3 is going to be $399.99

l) God of War III, Infamous w/ 256 player support... looks damn good! and MAG... up to 256 players on console!!!!!!!!

Disappointments

a) no date for Home

b) Killzone 2 missing except for quick video....

1. Nintendo

a) Wii MotionPlus Announced

Disappointments

1. Microsoft

a) Resident Evil 5: co-op confirmed, release date Friday the 13th, March 2009

b) Fable 2; amazing jump in and jump out single player to co-op mode

c) Gears of War 2: 5 player co-op mode in which 5 players take on wave after wave of increasing difficulty. November 7th release date

d) New Dashboard / Avatar / New Arcade games announced; Galaga sequel, Geometry Wars 2, new Uno game

e) Live Party Announced, up to 8 friends per party, star in your own gameshow

f) Netflix Deal Announced, watch movies in your party at the same time!,

g) New Scene It, You're in the Movies announced (allows to create your own movies)

Gametrailers.com - You're In The Movies - E3 2008: Gameplay Montage

h) New Guitar Hero with entire Metallica album downloadable

Gametrailers.com - Guitar Hero World Tour - E3 2008: E3 2008: MS Conference Presentation HD

i) lips announced

Gametrailers.com - Lips - E3 2008: Gameplay Trailer HD

j) Rock Band 2 exclusive on Xbox 360 this September; 84 Songs on disc and new Guns n Roses, Bob Dylan and AC/DC

k) Square Enix Games: Exclusive: Infinite Undisocvery September 2nd 2008, Exclusive: Star Ocean: The Last Hope Spring 2009 and Timed Exclusive: The Last Remnant this Holiday

Final Fantasy XIII Coming to 360....

Disappointments

1. Lots of Party/Wii like games annouced

MISC

a) Dragon Age: Origins info released / screenshot

Disappointments

EA

Gametrailers.com - Electronic Arts - E3 2008: EA Press Conference Part 1

Gametrailers.com - Electronic Arts - E3 2008: EA Press Conference Part 2

Gametrailers.com - Electronic Arts - E3 2008: EA Press Conference Part 3

Gametrailers.com - Electronic Arts - E3 2008: EA Press Conference Part 4

Gametrailers.com - Electronic Arts - E3 2008: EA Press Conference Part 5
    Last edited by Dukefrukem; 07-15-2008 at 04:07 PM.

Worst. Player. Ever. SonicSpeed's Avatar
    Nintendo's Wii MotionPlus add-on makes the Wii Remote a true 1:1 motion controller - Engadget

Finally. This makes the Wii a bit more useful, as the Sensors in the Wiimote really failed.
    Desktop
    Dell Precision T3500 | Intel Xeon W3530 2.80Ghz | nVidia GeForce GTX 570| 24GB DDR3-1600 |
    Laptop

Thinkpad W530 | Core i7-3840QM 2.8Ghz | 16GB DDR3-1333 | Quadro K1000M | 256GB 840 EVO mSATA | 15.6in FHD LCD

Do you even own a Wii? Controllers feel fine to me. I would hardly call them "fail".

Worst. Player. Ever. SonicSpeed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Do you even own a Wii? Controllers feel fine to me. I would hardly call them "fail".
    No, but I have played one on several occasions. Granted that was limited to Wii Sports. However I was extremely surprised that you could easily abuse the controls and just basically flick your wrist and easily throw a baseball really hard, or swing the bat with power etc.
    Desktop
    Dell Precision T3500 | Intel Xeon W3530 2.80Ghz | nVidia GeForce GTX 570| 24GB DDR3-1600 |
    Laptop

Thinkpad W530 | Core i7-3840QM 2.8Ghz | 16GB DDR3-1333 | Quadro K1000M | 256GB 840 EVO mSATA | 15.6in FHD LCD

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    :yeahthat:
    I also like the wii controllers there far from fail.Bowling ftw!

Blog Entries
    I have played several Wii's, including my own, and they really are fail. They aren't "polished" enough for a true gaming experience. Yeah, they are fun to use, but they aren't terribly accurate, especially over a period of time. Furthermore, it just doesn't sense your swings very well (especially in golf and such).

Resident Evil 5; co-op confirmed!

Friday the 13th, March 2009...US and Europe

Fable 2; If you and your friend are both in the same town in the game playing single player, you'll see one another as floating orbs. If you go up to them you can join seamlessly in co-op.

WOW!

Page 1 of 12 12611 ... LastLast