Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The Reputation System..

Blog Entries

The Reputation System..

So, I'm sure most of you have noticed that the reputation system is currently turned off... Now, this is not because we wanted to just ditch it... But rather, we wanted to get some idea's/feedback as to what we should do with it next.

Dan actually created for us several different really cool Reputation Icons (which we could rename or swap around!):
    "Balanced" (I.E., You have 0 reputation points)
    "Positive"
    "High Positive"
    "Negative"
    "High Negative"
    "Off" (I.E., You have turned off reputation)

Personally, I really like that negative reputation icons...

Idea #1:
    We turn back on the reputation system without doing anything to it. Boring!! But, an option...

Idea #2:
    We reset the reputation system such that everyone starts at 10 reputation points... From there, we would name the first Negative & Positive Level's.... Then, the first person to reach the next level would get to name.

So, for example... For the first positive level, if you were to hover over the persons reputation icons you would see something like "User is a noob, but everyone loves noobs!". The next level would by default be called (for example) "User has reached an uncharted reputation level!!"... So the first person to reach that level, get's to rename that level to whatever they want.... Like maybe, "User likes playing with his/her D-Key..." muhaha! lol

The same would happen for the negative reputation levels...

There of course would be some people that would want the positive, others that would want the negative (Like me )... But, It would be kind of cool.

Idea #3:
    YOU GUYS!! Come up with another idea.... Our brain's hurt! ---Seriously though, We did have a couple more idea's... But we're really looking for some feedback here and maybe even some really fresh and cool ideas for stuff to do to the reputation system to make it interesting again!

Anyway, like I said... We're looking for some feedback & ideas as to what we should do one way or another!
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

Worst. Player. Ever. SonicSpeed's Avatar

Re: The Reputation System..

I like option #2.

EDIT: To elaborate... I would also like to see the liked posts to factor in as well.
    Last edited by SonicSpeed; 06-26-2011 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Cuz I want to duh.
    Desktop
    Dell Precision T3500 | Intel Xeon W3530 2.80Ghz | nVidia GeForce GTX 570| 24GB DDR3-1600 |
    Laptop

Thinkpad W530 | Core i7-3840QM 2.8Ghz | 16GB DDR3-1333 | Quadro K1000M | 256GB 840 EVO mSATA | 15.6in FHD LCD

Blog Entries

I really like those icons! I like the 2nd option.
    Edited by Teck:
    did you really just ask if Bo has his cwp?

he shot his name into the application form from 1000 yards... while on a Segway... One handed with his USP in .45ACP... While doing pushups AND eating his sandwich...

I dunno... maybe let the "like" system stand pat for awhile and see how it goes. The reputation system was kinda fun for awhile until you max it out, then, ehhhh.

but regardless, no hacks involved guys
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Germany [DE]
    UI

Rep was fun until people started to bitch about receiving negative rep. The old system we had was awesome, and I think #2 is the best idea.

I agree with sonic, as well. Likes should be factored into the system, perhaps 1/2 a rep point for every like? That way people could earn rep points in multiple way, not just directly from other users. The more you contribute to the betterment of discussion, the more rep you get? Idk, maybe even give bundles of rep out for doing game/product reviews, etc

I just woke up so that's a clusterfuck of random thoughts, more on it later

Considering hibernation ohmigosh's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    I dunno... maybe let the "like" system stand pat for awhile and see how it goes. The reputation system was kinda fun for awhile until you max it out, then, ehhhh.

Would you like the idea of a reputation system that was started afresh every year or 6 months? This would include the levels for renaming.
    "Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual."

Blog Entries

I don't think that's preferred either though... when you go to new forums and you see someone has amassed rep and has posts, they can usually be counted on a little bit more than others

Blog Entries

Well, we could change the values for the next levels... As it is... The highest level was like 1,000 or something. I would say we would probably start the FIRST level at or around that value...
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

I might backtrack a little- the reputation system was nice in that you could send a short message to someone without having to go through the process of the PM.

Edit: I'll add this... if we ever go back to it, the ability to delete a message would be nice. Sometimes at work, you don't want a pair of bodacious ta-tas on your screen.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

Edit: I'll add this... if we ever go back to it, the ability to delete a message would be nice. Sometimes at work, you don't want a pair of bodacious ta-tas on your screen.
    blasphemy

Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast