Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Teck

Thread: Gallery Upload Permission?

T-Bagging The Critically Wounded BetterOffDead's Avatar

Gallery Upload Permission?

Did our permissions to upload new images to the sR Gallery get removed? I cannot seem to figure out how to upload any new images. How do we get this back or is this being removed intentionally?

Blog Entries

Re: Gallery Upload Permission?

When we launched the upgraded site we actually talked about this a little...

The short, Photopost (the gallery software we were using)... Sucks... It was extremely difficult to manage and had a lot of bugs that affected you guys when trying to upload stuff.

So, what we've done is gone over to using the vBulletin Albums... These user Albums allow you guys (Our users) to really decide how you want to store/organize your photos. The upload process is much easier and, as i said... You get a lot of options.

Here's a video that briefly talks about how to use the Albums:
    How to access your photo album on StrafeRight.com - YouTube

Now, we know that the way things are setup it looks a little confusing... Well, we plan to move the "Gallery" link to the footer (so you will still always have access to your old images)... And we will replace that link in the header with something that's a little less confusing. It's actually something that's already in the works and that Admins have the ability to test right now. However, we have no ETA on when that will be done.
    ohmigosh likes this.
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

T-Bagging The Critically Wounded BetterOffDead's Avatar

Perfect Thanks! I was MIA during the site upgrade so I figured it was just a change that I didn't hear about.

Considering hibernation ohmigosh's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi, the Album link will be shown this week, it will take you to a page that shows albums that have been recently updated and your own albums.
    "Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual."

Considering hibernation ohmigosh's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Gallery and Album Link switchover

So that's the Album link showing at the top right hand side navbar and I've removed the Gallery Link, although it still shows at the bottom right hand side of the page, in between "StrafeRight" and "Link to Us".

When you click on the Album link you'll be taken to a page that shows recently updated albums and your own albums, there is another link on this page to take you to the old Gallery.

Hope that makes sense but shout if you see something that you don't think's right.
    "Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual."