Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: BF3 Server - Thoughts please

BF3 Server - Thoughts please

Gents, I think its agreed we would like to see an Sr BF3 server for you all to romp around on,
    I don't know what its like over yonder but here the server pricing is rediculous.

Best price I've seen is $128 per month for 1 64 slot server this is double or triple previous BF servers...

Talking with a UK host we use over here, where we have our own dedicated box for BC2. The cost is so big due to the requirement for Windows server 2008 the greatly increased hardware spec needed and EA are charging an additional $18 a month to "support" the ranked server community.... While I think this is bang out of order, The select few hosting a Ranked server are the lifeblood of the game after all, yet they insist on making you pay extra. I can see this putting a fair few small clans out of operation....

Anyhoo.... Any of you know a good reliable hosting service stateside that we can look at ?

United States [US]
    joe

Re: BF3 Server - Thoughts please

it looks like only a few GSPs have announced their pricing, with more to come soon...anyway, for BF3 I'd recommend going with one of the major providers, GameServers, MyInternetServices or Multiplay, as they'll be able to offer the best prices in hopefully your choice of location (I assume New York would be the preferred choice as it might be able to serve both North America and some parts of Western Europe, Virginia/DC might work as well for this purpose)...remember that if you go with a UK provider they will charge VAT, even if the server is located in the USA...I'll also check around with some of the smaller GSPs that we've dealt with in the past to see if anything worthwhile pops up...

(and for a frame of reference, when BF2 first came out server costs ran between $4 and $5 a slot)

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

i haven't seen much under $95 for 64 slot

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    it looks like only a few GSPs have announced their pricing, with more to come soon...anyway, for BF3 I'd recommend going with one of the major providers, GameServers, MyInternetServices or Multiplay, as they'll be able to offer the best prices in hopefully your choice of location (I assume New York would be the preferred choice as it might be able to serve both North America and some parts of Western Europe, Virginia/DC might work as well for this purpose)...remember that if you go with a UK provider they will charge VAT, even if the server is located in the USA...I'll also check around with some of the smaller GSPs that we've dealt with in the past to see if anything worthwhile pops up...

(and for a frame of reference, when BF2 first came out server costs ran between $4 and $5 a slot)
    Yup...

Anyway... I think NY or TX would work well... When the time gets closer we can get some sample IP's from the GSP's and have a bunch of US, UK, and CA people tracert them...
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

If I get this job at EA that I interviewed for last week then I am sure I can work some magic within EA for them to let us use one of their servers for us to rent it out. Just a thought, but I would really like to see an Sr server up.

Do you think that any GSP's will have discount deals for the release of battlefield 3?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vekyodude View Post
    If I get this job at EA that I interviewed for last week then I am sure I can work some magic within EA for them to let us use one of their servers for us to rent it out. Just a thought, but I would really like to see an Sr server up.

Do you think that any GSP's will have discount deals for the release of battlefield 3?
    That would be sweet... As for deals... Probably not, but you never know...
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

T-Bagging The Critically Wounded BetterOffDead's Avatar

So are there continued ongoing plans for the sR BF3 server? Just curious since we are slowly approaching the release date and I haven't heard any additional talk about locations, settings, etc..

As far as locations go I personally have had the best connections to Dallas and Chicago servers, which is obvious since I'm located in the middle of the country. Right now in the beta I've been just filtering "TX" named servers and have not had any issues as long as my ISP cooperates.

I haven't really found anything about what server settings are available. Are these listed anywhere yet? Without knowing what the options/combinations are for ranked servers, my current wishlist is: 65 player conquest, FF=On, Health Regen=Off, HardCore=OFF, Killcam=Off, Pwnage=Maximum

As far as hosts go I know that some of them provide price matching so if you can find a cheap provider somewhere else you might be able to get a good price but with better reliability than the crap hosts.
    Last edited by BetterOffDead; 10-08-2011 at 11:54 AM.

Intel 8600k 6 core i5 @4.3Ghz, Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 Z370 Mobo , 16GB G.Skill 3200MHz Ripjaws, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Gaming ICX 11GB, EVGA Supernova G2 750w Gold, BenQ 32" 1440p 4ms LCD, Corsair Sabre RGB, Corsair K70 Lux, HyperX Cloud II 7.1, Corsair Graphite 780t

Quote Originally Posted by OD-BLOODED-1 View Post
    I have had nothing but great experiences with EOReality servers.

Although they tend to be on the pricey side, they do say you can lock in the 99 cents/slot price by preordering. Their support team is a Godsend as well, I hosted a killing floor server though them and literally had no idea how to set up my redirect for maps and whatnot, they did it all for me.

We are indeed looking at possible hosts, stay tuned

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast