Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CSS knife use...

Have you seen my pants? Hammerhead's Avatar

CSS knife use...

I"ve been playing the dang gun game, and I get to the knife, but I just can't seem to get any knife kills. I hit my opponent several times, but I can't seem to get many hits for more than 10-20 points though I try to hit the head...

Some of you guys can get a knife kill in one or two hits, so I figure I should ask where you aim, and how you time the hits for knifely godliness...

Any hints?
    Alienware m9700
    Turion 64 ML-44, dual Nvidia 7900 GS 512 in SLI, 2GB DDR PC3200, 17" WUXGA,
    100GB 7200RPM SATA NCQ, 8X DVD+/-RW, Internal 802.11b/g WiFi Card w/ Airgo MIMO Technology,
    respawn, Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition with internal NTSC tv tuner, black remote
    3dMark05 11,026 OC'ed

Here comes the BOOM! Switchblade's Avatar
    Learn the distance of the strong stab, which is very important. ONLY ever use strong stab, which is right click (secondary fire if you've modded your controls). Stand next to a wall and see the farthest distance you can be while still hitting the wall with the strong stab. Once you've got that down, it's about the timing, and stab as soon as your opponent is within that range. Also, no certain location does a noticable difference in damage, except the back. One strong stab to the back will be a 1 hit kill, regardless of armor or HP. Never jump in a knife fight either, that tends to make you a sitting duck for enough time so that the other guy can get a free shot. And where to aim. I'd say aim at the middle of their chest, since its a large target, and it's easier to hit. Also, instead of trying to beat your opponent to the first hit (if you both have 100 hp) brush against them and make certain that you'll get your first hit, and THEN use the knife range distance thing I just explained. Basically make sure you get that first stab in, and then play it safe after that. However, that's just the way I do things, because normally I can get the second stab in before the other knifer can. It depends on your style, and wether or not you like to wait around a corner, or just have a free-for-all in the open.

Hope that helps :thumbup:
    and sorry for the long post, but there's some decent info in there
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

Have you seen my pants? Hammerhead's Avatar
    Thanks for the info Switchblade, no wonder I couldn't do any damage with the knife... Thanks to Sonicspeed also for the pager message with info.
    Alienware m9700
    Turion 64 ML-44, dual Nvidia 7900 GS 512 in SLI, 2GB DDR PC3200, 17" WUXGA,
    100GB 7200RPM SATA NCQ, 8X DVD+/-RW, Internal 802.11b/g WiFi Card w/ Airgo MIMO Technology,
    respawn, Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition with internal NTSC tv tuner, black remote
    3dMark05 11,026 OC'ed

lol no problem. also, practice does help a lot, so whenever you get the chance to knife fight someone, go for it. failure doesn't mean you suck, it only means you need more practice, and yes, i used to be a noob knifer as well
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

practise advice : playing with bots wih flashs + knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade
    lol no problem. also, practice does help a lot, so whenever you get the chance to knife fight someone, go for it. failure doesn't mean you suck, it only means you need more practice, and yes, i used to be a noob knifer as well
    used to be?

Quote Originally Posted by basso4735
    used to be?
    basso = teh nubbins

Quote Originally Posted by basso4735
    used to be?
    Considering how many knife fights I win on my second fav GunGame server, which has a knife fight mod where it forces your guns to be dropped, and you turn into a beacon as well as getting enough hp to put you back to 100. I know back in the day when I used to knife a lot on office people would recognize me as a leet knifer, as well as trip and some other regulars. I think I've come to the point where I realize that I don't need to knife all the time to prove that I'm a leetskillz knifer, because if someone wants to knife fight, I know I'll most likely win

the weak slash is useful if you do it right. When you are fighting someone who has a gun and it gets pretty hectic, just hold down your left click, and you will be swinging away. When you hear your knife hit, immediately hold down the right click button. Then you will almost be garunteed a strong stab, since the weak slash reloads really fast. That's a good 75-85 damage right there, which can ususally kill people. After you get that in, you can just hold down left click and swing away and he will die in 1 or 2 slashes, or just get stab off, which is risky, because if you miss you have a long reload time.
    it's also useful when you are chasing someone who doesnt know you are there but is running away pretty fast. It has a slightly longer range than the stab, so when you start getting close to him just hold down left click, and you'll be swinging fast. When you hit him he will slow down for a tiny amount of time, but long enough that you are now in range for a stab, and then you hit him in the back.

I'd rather strong stab when I don't know the HP of my enemy, however if he has like 60-70 hp, sometimes I try your idea, the weak then a strong quickly after. But I can only know the hp of an enemy if I see him get shot for how many times with what gun. On average its better to do 2 strongs, if you can track your target through both of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast