Thread: TakeDown

TakeDown

This seemed like the best place to post this, so here goes.

If any of you are unfamiliar with KickStarter, its a crowd-sourcing site for projects to get funding. Its been in the gaming news as of late thanks primarily to Tim Shafer. Here's the thing, with Tim Shafer's recent success in generating a significant amount of money to fund a project, members of the industry are taking a harder look at KickStarter. One of the primary things choking the industry right now, is investor fear of new IPs, markets they haven't focus tested, untested projects, and risk in general. KickStarter is letting some companies show that there is demand for certain games, as well as outright funding a lot of indie games entirely.

Now to the point.
    I know a lot of people here are hungry for something deeper in their FPS experience, something that just seems a little out of reach in the games they play. Perhaps BF3 hardcore is ALMOST perfect for you. Maybe you just have some lingering competitive CS:S jitters that you cant seem to scratch. Or maybe the prospects of CS:GO aren't your particular cup of tea. With that in mind I would like to point you to a particular KickStarter project. Check it Out Here

It's called TakeDown.

Here is the brief intro from the KS page for those too lazy to click first before reading this.

In recent years, shooters have become homogenized. There used to be a wide range of different games to choose, from run-and-gun action titles to slow-paced tactical shooters focusing on strategy and tactics, but now most shooters follow the same model of[/COLOR] big set pieces, regenerating health, linear levels, and “cinematic experiences.” The realistic tactical shooters with in-depth planning have almost entirely disappeared in recent years.
    This project, working title TAKEDOWN, aims to change that. This game, the spiritual successor to games like the original Rainbow Six and SWAT series, will focus on realistic weapons modeling, squad based play, in a close-quarters battle setting. To succeed in this game you need to take things slow, study your plans, and execute flawlessly. If you get shot, there are consequences. You won’t be hiding behind a wall waiting for your health to regenerate. If a team member goes down, you will have to assess the situation and reallocate team members if necessary to complete the mission. Don't expect all of the tools and plans to be forced fed to you - it is up to the player to ensure their team is equipped and ready for the tasks at hand."

So. What the hell do you want trip?

Simple. Support developers that aren't trying to force feed you the same game you've been playing.

Why didn't tell us about this sooner?

Well, to be honest, this project had a rocky start. Watch the video on the KS page to get a better idea. But its hitting zero hour, and its so close.

Well what happens if I give money and it doesn't make it?

Nothing. You don't pay a cent. Its a one shot system. All or nothing.

So if it doesn't make it what then? So long and thanks for all the fish?

Not quite. More likely, the project will attempt a second round at KS. But for a number of reasons, a first shot success is best.

Again. Check it Out Here
    There's a douchebag hiding in the rocks with a radioactive twinkie!

Blog Entries

Re: TakeDown

I read about this on KS tonight and I instantly decided to make a pledge. I really think a game like this is worth while and there are some good benefits to making a pledge. It's a little scratch to give a project the life it needs to see what can be done with it.
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

Are there any videos of gameplay or at least some screen caps to get an idea of what this might look like? I fished around serellan and didn't see anything.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

I love KS projects like this, but I would like to see at least some art of where they're going with it

Blog Entries

It looks like its reached its goal and the project has officially been funded. I'm excited!
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark