Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xbox Live Bans: One Million and Counting

Germany [DE]
    UI
    :rolleyes:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by useful_idiot View Post
    okay........so you're saying a person who got their account banned for using pirated games is going to buy another 360 and use it for pirated games again? maybe they'll get away with it this time? c'mon teck, I know most people are dumb, but that's just a retarded thing to do.
    Basically... Yeah..

Bottom line...

I could pirate on the PS3... But here, lets look at the costs:
    Playstation 3 (250 Gig) - $350
    + A ModChip (Currently Unreleased I believe), still the Belzar is to be around $100 when its released.
    BluRay Disk Burner - $210
    50GB BD-R DL Disks (10 Pack) - $150
    OR:
    25GB BD-R Disks (10 Pack) - $35
    Extra thermal paste - $10

Now of course you still have to disassemble it:
    YouTube - Belzar modchip installing on PS3

And heres info about the first Mod-chip for the ps3:
    World's first mod chip for PS3? | Crave - CNET

Bottom line, when this modchip is finally available (If ever), its still going to run you an easy $700-800 to get your first pirated game going..

Certainly there are some of us that can afford to risk our PS3's and invest the cast to pull off pirated PS3 games... But I would say that average 15 year old who can barely afford to just buy a XBox would not have the resources available to them.
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

people mod the ps3? lol.

I think the whole hard-drive thing for the 360 is stupid though. def. one thing that sony got right.
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Germany [DE]
    UI
    Quote Originally Posted by Teck View Post
    Basically... Yeah..

Bottom line...

I could pirate on the PS3... But here, lets look at the costs:
    Playstation 3 (250 Gig) - $350
    + A ModChip (Currently Unreleased I believe), still the Belzar is to be around $100 when its released.
    BluRay Disk Burner - $210
    50GB BD-R DL Disks (10 Pack) - $150
    OR:
    25GB BD-R Disks (10 Pack) - $35
    Extra thermal paste - $10

Now of course you still have to disassemble it:
    YouTube - Belzar modchip installing on PS3

And heres info about the first Mod-chip for the ps3:
    World's first mod chip for PS3? | Crave - CNET

Bottom line, when this modchip is finally available (If ever), its still going to run you an easy $700-800 to get your first pirated game going..

Certainly there are some of us that can afford to risk our PS3's and invest the cast to pull off pirated PS3 games... But I would say that average 15 year old who can barely afford to just buy a XBox would not have the resources available to them.

lol teck, I applaud your effort, you know far more on the subject than I do...I'm just trying to say that given the way people are, they'll get pissed at M$ for "shafting" them like this and they won't want to give their money back to them....sooo buy a ps3 maybe?

Blog Entries
    I think it's ironic, and I'm guessing here, of the million people banned, at least 10% had to have pre-ordered MW2, and probably another couple percent got them as gifts.

The few people I know already bought new 360's

I know a few people that have bought new ones to, they keep there modded one for playing pirated games and the new one so they can play online.

personally they got what they deserved if they actually modded there console with a chip. The whole hard drive thing though I don't agree with.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by useful_idiot View Post
    lol teck, I applaud your effort, you know far more on the subject than I do...I'm just trying to say that given the way people are, they'll get pissed at M$ for "shafting" them like this and they won't want to give their money back to them....sooo buy a ps3 maybe?
    hehe... Needless to say, its an interest of mine as i would like to be able to backup my own games in case I were to break them somehow.

I dunno, I guess my point is that if people switch to a PS3 because they think they will be able to pirate games, they are sadly mistaken because its still not currently possible. Maybe sometime in the future, but there you go.
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

west philadelphia born n raised ech0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage1 View Post
    I know a few people that have bought new ones to, they keep there modded one for playing pirated games and the new one so they can play online.

personally they got what they deserved if they actually modded there console with a chip. The whole hard drive thing though I don't agree with.
    Yeah but how can they distinguish between a chip mod and a hdd mod? I don't think they can, all they know is that the hardware has been altered beyond specifications and therefore banned. i dont agree with it either but its all or nothing

teh r!g

E6600 w/ Zalman 9700NT @ 3.6 | EVGA 8800 GTX @ 628/1000 | EVGA 680i A1 | 2x1gigs Mushkin XtremePerformance DDR2 800 | 250gig SATAII Barracuda | X-Fi ExtremeGamer Pro Fatal1ty Edition | 750w Toughpower | Aurora 570 Case | 3dMark06 - 13,110
    Design By Humans

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12