Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rumor: Vince Zampella and Jason West leaving IW?

Germany [DE]
    UI

Re: Rumor: Vince Zampella and Jason West leaving IW?

sounds like he should've quit

United States [US]
    joe

Interesting. Bobby Kotick at work here....one of the premier douchebags of the industry.

yes he is. like he did with guitar hero. well its not i like i care for them becuase im all EA and Valve now since they are the lesser evil
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I got played by henry, wtf!

Former Infinity Ward heads Vince Zampella and Jason West are bringing a lawsuit against Activision for breach of contract and other claims, after Activision terminated their employment on March 1. The press release announcing the suit claims that Activision was scheduled to pay "substantial royalty payments," but fired them before the date of the payment.
    Ousted Infinity Ward founders file suit against Activision

Here is the other side of the story.
    Am I the only one that thinks all this will kill CoD ?
    "Activision is disappointed that Mr. Zampella and Mr. West have chosen to file a lawsuit, and believes their claims are meritless," an Activision spokesperson said in a statement. "Over eight years, Activision shareholders provided these executives with the capital they needed to start Infinity Ward, as well as the financial support, resources and creative independence that helped them flourish and achieve enormous professional success and personal wealth."

Activision Responds to Infinity Ward Lawsuit - PS3 News at IGN

Deep down inside I kind of hope it does kill CoD.

MW1 was amazing. MW2 was so horrible and such a let-down. They took everything that made MW1 amazing and threw it out the window.

IW makes great games. If you recall from the first MW, IW stated that Activision kept wanting to change this or that, and IW told them they won't do that. IW stuck to their goals and persuaded their publisher to stand by their side. It worked out great because MW1 was a huge success and awesome. For MW2, it's so over-the-top that I can't help but think that all of it was the direction Activision wanted it to go and not IW.

If future IW games are made under Activision, I think they will just degrade more and more. IW needs to break away, pick up a new publisher, and start working on a new IP.

Publishers kill games.

United States [US]
    joe

United States [US]
    joe

Also: http://indiegameproducer.com/2010/03...mpella-vs.html

Activision conducted the investigation in a manner to maximize the inconvenience and anxiety it would cause West and Zampella. On little notice, Activision insisted on conducting interviews over the President's Day holiday weekend; West and Zampella were interrogated for over six hours in a windowless conference room; Activision investigators brought other Inifinty Ward employees to tears in their questioning and accusations and threatened West and Zampella with "insubordination" if they attempted to console them; Activision's outside counsel demanded that West and Zampella surrender their personal computers, phones, and communication devices to Activison for review by Activision's outside counsel and, when West and Zampella asserted their legally protected privacy rights, Activisions counsel said that doing so constituted further acts of insubordination.

Worst. Player. Ever. SonicSpeed's Avatar

Wow, I hope Activison gets whats coming to them. Especially losing the rights to the CoD series, so we don't get another CoD 3, or 4.5.
    Desktop
    Dell Precision T3500 | Intel Xeon W3530 2.80Ghz | nVidia GeForce GTX 570| 24GB DDR3-1600 |
    Laptop

Thinkpad W530 | Core i7-3840QM 2.8Ghz | 16GB DDR3-1333 | Quadro K1000M | 256GB 840 EVO mSATA | 15.6in FHD LCD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast