Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13182223
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: What Games We Are Playing & What We Are Playing Them On

Re: What Games We Are Playing & What We Are Playing Them On

Haven't been able to play much of anything as of late (too busy) - but managed to return to one of my other games that I put on hold - "Y's 1" on steam - I played several of these games a long time ago back on my TurboDuo and they were pretty good and had GREAT music. anyway - got stuck on the last boss and felt like it was bugged and stopped playing it for some time - came back to it yesterday, still having issues (waaay to difficult and it was noticeable that the character couldn't run fast in in a direction (but it only happened to the boss battle). After some more messing around with the game settings I decided to change my actual display refresh rate down to 60Hz from 144Hz. and it fixed it. heh! the Config for the game apparently really didn't do anything with the display refresh rate :P ah well, finally beat that game and started up the second. I played the heck out of the third (which it looks like you can't play the original - just the remake so that's unfortunate - but it looks like people really like the remake. ahh well! felt a bit sad to see that the game that I had (as the system and all the games and everything else has disappeared) is crazy expensive. :P ugh. ahh well!
    VincentVega likes this.
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Far Cry 5. Released in March, I thought this would be a good test for the new PC. It's a really nice looking game. I played the first Far Cry, saw some gameplay from 3, I think... and that's about it. FC5 still has the same feel as the first. Open sandbox, traverse the landscape, shoot bad guys and break things. It takes place in Montana where a crazy militia/cult has taken over. I have an hour and a half in, and I'm getting a good feel for it.

Before I started, I set everything on ultra and did the stress test. Averaged 110fps, so I think I'm G2G.
    FuzzyLogik likes this.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Thinking about grabbing it for the co-op. May have to check that out
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

I have FC2. Still a great looking game. Also FC3, another good game. All of the Crysis games still look great. Quantum Break put a hurting on my computer, so that may be one for you to look into.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13182223