Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1621252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: What Games We Are Playing & What We Are Playing Them On

Re: What Games We Are Playing & What We Are Playing Them On

I've been watching FO76 with interest.

I thought about the PS4 bundle, 200 w/ RD2 and second controller. Seemed like a great deal. Wife wants Xbox. I figured rather than buy 2, I'd buy none, and snuggle with the money instead.
    FuzzyLogik and DennyCrane like this.

Hahaha... that's terrific.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

I went back to king of thieves on my phone. I'm just not going to put any money into the game.

So, I guess they updated Fallout 76. A 47gb patch. lol

Yeah the whole Fallout 76 thing seems like a mess sadly.

Finished Reaper of Souls in Diablo 3 and have been playing adventure mode with a buddy which has been fun. I need to wrap up Dragonborn in Skyrim still. Slowly chipping away at the backlog.
    DennyCrane likes this.
    Intel 8600k 6 core i5 @4.3Ghz, Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 Z370 Mobo , 16GB G.Skill 3200MHz Ripjaws, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Gaming ICX 11GB, EVGA Supernova G2 750w Gold, BenQ 32" 1440p 4ms LCD, Corsair Sabre RGB, Corsair K70 Lux, HyperX Cloud II 7.1, Corsair Graphite 780t

Picked up two during Steam sale. Really had to look hard.

This War of Mine. The ambiance is outstanding. Imagine trying to scrounge, hide, and survive as a civilian during the Bosnian war. The game can be super depressing, which I like, because it's a change of pace. It's slightly similar to Darkest Dungeon in that, if you screw something up earlier, it causes ramifications later that you can't always overcome. There's no quick saving. A lot of Sophie's choice in this one.

The Long Dark. Another game that immerses you in its surroundings. Also a survival game, but a totally different kind. There is an episodic story (still waiting on Episode 3 - remind you of anything?) with a paranormal undertone and a sandbox survival mode. Voiced by the two main actors from the Mass Effect series (Mark Meer, and Jennifer Hale, both very good). I found the first two episodes engrossing, but found the overall experience too short given how long the game has been out. You only notice a game is short when it's very good. It has an odd visual theme - somewhat like halfway between TF2 and something realistic. And the characters are creepy looking, like raggedy anne and bert and ernie did a surrogate thing.

Nice - didn't grab ANYTHING this time around. still trying to play catchup I guess :P

ANYWHO - very completely beat Horizon Zero Dawn and Frozen Wilds. I can't remember a game I dumped so much time into over Final Fantasy games (I think when I finished I was just over 120 hours). Sure, that's over the course of... what... a year? or almost a year? LOL. But DANG that game was/is amazing. I'm very much looking forward to the next one.

That being said - started playing FFXV and just into Chapter 3. Taking some getting used to but so far I find the game pretty addicting and fun to play. Sure, lots of odd things (like cooking etc) but for whatever reason... to me it just feels cool. Not something just added into the game, everything feels like it belongs so far. So thats good! Oh, and because of a recommendation - we watched Kingsglaive before starting up the game. Not only was the movie itself good (I mean... wow. They've come a long way from Spirits Within. not only did the movie look fantastic, but it sounded good, had a plot that we could follow and some pretty epic fights.) but it very very much helps with understanding whats going on in the game. pretty dang cool. I'm not sure if i've really ever played a game that had a prequel movie to start you off (and one that wasn't a crappy saturday morning cartoon). Sure, may have confused normal folks in a theater for sure - but not anybody who's been a fan of the games.

But anywho! Some parts very much pale in comparison to Horizon (graphics/image quality wise) but it still looks good. We'll see how long it takes me to beat this one
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

I ended up finishing Skyrim and Battlefront II's campaign as well. Working on Battlefield V's campaign and finishing up Rise of the Tomb raider now that I've picked up the DLC finally.

Side note, Battlefront II is still on sale until the 11th on Origin for $4.49, stupid good deal if even just for the campaign (multi is ok).
    Intel 8600k 6 core i5 @4.3Ghz, Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 Z370 Mobo , 16GB G.Skill 3200MHz Ripjaws, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Gaming ICX 11GB, EVGA Supernova G2 750w Gold, BenQ 32" 1440p 4ms LCD, Corsair Sabre RGB, Corsair K70 Lux, HyperX Cloud II 7.1, Corsair Graphite 780t

At some point here, I'm gonna get Red Dead 2. Probably on XBox.
    VincentVega likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OD-BLOODED-1 View Post
    I ended up finishing Skyrim and Battlefront II's campaign as well. Working on Battlefield V's campaign and finishing up Rise of the Tomb raider now that I've picked up the DLC finally.

Side note, Battlefront II is still on sale until the 11th on Origin for $4.49, stupid good deal if even just for the campaign (multi is ok).
    Skyrim is expansive. I was working on a new playthrough recently - as an orc. I think I've done this approach before. I always try to skew towards magic because I intrinsically go for the tanky / melee character. But, inevitably, the game seems to push you towards sword and shield, and I fell into the trap once again. After you start buying houses and outfitting them, and get the maximum armor and your perks up, the attractiveness of the game goes down. I've finished it before, but I may not finish the current game.

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1621252627 ... LastLast