Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1722262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: What Games We Are Playing & What We Are Playing Them On

Re: What Games We Are Playing & What We Are Playing Them On

My godchildren offered me up their XBOne (original model) cause they got the X for Christmas. I have no games for it yet. I was offered the console because when they tried to trade it to Gamestop they were offered less than $50 cash or only $60 in store credit.

Dang. Want to beat Skyrim too, but... dang. Might just try playing it again and ONLY doing the main quest. that might work lol... It's been a long time since I started it and I think it's the only one I haven't "beat" :P
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Forza is fun. I recommend that.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogik View Post
    Nice - didn't grab ANYTHING this time around. still trying to play catchup I guess :P

ANYWHO - very completely beat Horizon Zero Dawn and Frozen Wilds. I can't remember a game I dumped so much time into over Final Fantasy games (I think when I finished I was just over 120 hours). Sure, that's over the course of... what... a year? or almost a year? LOL. But DANG that game was/is amazing. I'm very much looking forward to the next one.

That being said - started playing FFXV and just into Chapter 3. Taking some getting used to but so far I find the game pretty addicting and fun to play. Sure, lots of odd things (like cooking etc) but for whatever reason... to me it just feels cool. Not something just added into the game, everything feels like it belongs so far. So thats good! Oh, and because of a recommendation - we watched Kingsglaive before starting up the game. Not only was the movie itself good (I mean... wow. They've come a long way from Spirits Within. not only did the movie look fantastic, but it sounded good, had a plot that we could follow and some pretty epic fights.) but it very very much helps with understanding whats going on in the game. pretty dang cool. I'm not sure if i've really ever played a game that had a prequel movie to start you off (and one that wasn't a crappy saturday morning cartoon). Sure, may have confused normal folks in a theater for sure - but not anybody who's been a fan of the games.

But anywho! Some parts very much pale in comparison to Horizon (graphics/image quality wise) but it still looks good. We'll see how long it takes me to beat this one
    I was in love with the FF series as a kid, and had all of the american releases up to IX. I had X, but for personal reasons, I didn't play it. Can you suggest the best ones between X and whatever is recent? I'd like to look into getting one.
    FuzzyLogik likes this.

I played Skyrim for awhile on the PS3, before I took an arrow to the knee.
    FuzzyLogik likes this.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I was in love with the FF series as a kid, and had all of the american releases up to IX. I had X, but for personal reasons, I didn't play it. Can you suggest the best ones between X and whatever is recent? I'd like to look into getting one.
    Hmm, sadly since I was deep in school I never played XII (only one I never played I think - besides XIV. I was in the beta on XI but being a poor college student with no time didn't allow for this. I never owned a PS2 during that time (only played on friends stuff). SO. you really only have X, XII, XIII and XV. X was a long time ago (and a bit distracted. couldn't play it consistently) - I remember being disappointed a bit with the ending as well as XIII's which I beat not THAT long ago. Game was very pretty for the PS3. For whatever reason I wasn't that "connected" with those games. XV so far has been pretty fun, but again, watching Kinsglaive was very very helpful (should almost be a requirement - and heck, the movie was fun to watch regardless and it was $.99 on Prime). I've heard XII is great - maybe if they ever release it again for the PS4 "upgraded" again I'll check it out heh! But for me... I'm still fond of FFIII/VII the most FFIII is the only FF game I've played many times, and I think i've only replayed FFVII twice? one on the PS and the second time (or more? hmm...) on the PC. which I still own

I didn't care for XIII and IX that much - change in the art style and to 'true' 3D? I dunno. It's taken me a very long time to get used to it I think lol.
    VincentVega likes this.

If you haven't played Dead Space, you're missing out

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogik View Post
    Hmm, sadly since I was deep in school I never played XII (only one I never played I think - besides XIV. I was in the beta on XI but being a poor college student with no time didn't allow for this. I never owned a PS2 during that time (only played on friends stuff). SO. you really only have X, XII, XIII and XV. X was a long time ago (and a bit distracted. couldn't play it consistently) - I remember being disappointed a bit with the ending as well as XIII's which I beat not THAT long ago. Game was very pretty for the PS3. For whatever reason I wasn't that "connected" with those games. XV so far has been pretty fun, but again, watching Kinsglaive was very very helpful (should almost be a requirement - and heck, the movie was fun to watch regardless and it was $.99 on Prime). I've heard XII is great - maybe if they ever release it again for the PS4 "upgraded" again I'll check it out heh! But for me... I'm still fond of FFIII/VII the most FFIII is the only FF game I've played many times, and I think i've only replayed FFVII twice? one on the PS and the second time (or more? hmm...) on the PC. which I still own

I didn't care for XIII and IX that much - change in the art style and to 'true' 3D? I dunno. It's taken me a very long time to get used to it I think lol.
    Huh. Okay, you've actually reinforced the opinions I developed along the way. Maybe it's my age, or maybe it's just the superior story telling, but my favorites are the original (NES), followed by 2 (SNES), 3 (SNES), and 7 (PS1), with the actual favorite order too close to call. I have some of the remastered versions, and also have a few of them on Steam. I think I'll play some of that.

I really like 9, because of its humor, and I have the disks laying around somewhere, along with 8 (which is my least favorite, just because of the magic mechanics), and Vagrant Story, which I was never able to master.
    Last edited by VincentVega; 01-10-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Yup - Its.... my feeling as well. I'm excited for FFVII remake but i'm also very... skeptical... if it will be any good. I'd be fully happy with a 3/4 overhead view in the same manner of FFIII (FFVI) with fantastic story and just... a modern way of doing that kind of graphics/visuals. for whatever reason it feels more like playing a book (that's awesome) over... playing FF in a GTA world?

Oh, one thing that i am rather enjoying about FFXV is a small item, but still. The music. Generally speaking the music on the game is great - but you get the change to purchase (with gil) the sound tracks from the previous games and play them while you drive (or if you have an MP3 player in the game, play the music all the time). Granted it's not perfect - I have the full soundtrack for FFVI - it's about three hours of music - as far as I can tell it might be just a fraction of it from what I've been able to find. but regardless it's fun to have classic stuff playing
    VincentVega likes this.

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1722262728 ... LastLast