Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Space Sim games

Blog Entries

Re: Space Sim games

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Kage; 10-11-2016 at 06:52 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote from a Redditor about Star Citizen.

"No release date. The game suffered from the success of its crowdfunding campaign, and has been forced to changed drastically the scope of its development, but in the good direction (bigger, better, shinier). Since there is no publisher, the devs are taking their time to produce every element of the game and make sure everything is in a perfect condition, even if this means delaying its release even more.

A lot of people regard the constant delays as proof that CIG does not know what they are doing and the whole project will crash. Other welcome this approach which slaps in the face of the "release quick fix later" that seems to prevail of late in the gaming industry.

A lot of people as well have no idea how is a video game developped, and seem to think that the development takes place between the announcement and the release, that is usually around 2 years. This is utterly false. A game, especially triple A (the largest games) can take 4 to 10 years to be completed from initial design to release. Star Citizen has been public since initial design, 4 years ago.

Read about it, don't trust the haters, don't trust the fanboys, make up your mind, but don't expect a release anytime soon."

I think that sums it up pretty well

The Spice Must Flow!

//Had to, couldn't resist. Looks like a neat game.

This has gotten my attention again. Quite a while back I tried out the social module/city and took a ship for a ride. I've had a wait and see approach, as what I did play was so buggy and unpolished (of course it's an alpha so to be expected), but this is looking very nice. I hope they pull it off even if it takes them a few more years, I think it'd be worth the wait.
    AMD FX-8350 @4.0Ghz, ASrock 990FX Extreme4, 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1866, EVGA GTX 980 SuperClocked ACX 2.0 4GB, Corsair HX850w Gold, BenQ 32" 1440p 4ms LCD, Roccat Kone XTD, Roccat ISKU, Logitech G930 7.1, Antec 1200

Blog Entries

I just like keeping up with it, its like watching a syndicated TV show but instead of bullshit romance triangles its lighting effects and animation and new ships and on and on and on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23