Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Sony... hehe

Sony... hehe

They have a lot riding on PS3...it was interesting to see how much BluRay has vested in its success as well.

Do or die time for the Sony Corp

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin yankeeDEUCE's Avatar

Jawbone Collector in Chief
    yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    They have a lot riding on PS3...it was interesting to see how much BluRay has vested in its success as well.

Do or die time for the Sony Corp

Yep... isnt the PS3 going to be the only Blu-Ray player out in the US for a while? Doesnt do Sony any good when there arent going to be enough PS3s to go around for gamers... let alone movie/home theater enthusiasts.

Haha, nice video.
    Pentium M 2.13GHz | GeForce Go 7800 GTX | 60GB 7200rpm

Blu-ray players have been out since mid-Summer. As have HD-DVD players. Both are retailing for about a grand. I'd been holding off on DVDs for awhile, waiting for the HD players to hit... there was even talks between the 2 corporate camps about making a combined effort and releasing in a single format to avoid a Beta/VHS war part II. Talks failed and now we can all flip a coin and pony up huge bucks. Thing is, the PS3 will have the blu-ray built in, or as an option that will end up costing a lot less than a stand-alone player. That in and of itself might might cast the swing vote and bury HD-DVD. I'm gonna sit on the sidelines on this one and DVR the hell out of my movie channels for awhile.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

classic vid.

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane
    Blu-ray players have been out since mid-Summer. As have HD-DVD players. Both are retailing for about a grand. I'd been holding off on DVDs for awhile, waiting for the HD players to hit... there was even talks between the 2 corporate camps about making a combined effort and releasing in a single format to avoid a Beta/VHS war part II. Talks failed and now we can all flip a coin and pony up huge bucks. Thing is, the PS3 will have the blu-ray built in, or as an option that will end up costing a lot less than a stand-alone player. That in and of itself might might cast the swing vote and bury HD-DVD. I'm gonna sit on the sidelines on this one and DVR the hell out of my movie channels for awhile.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I think I was confused since Sony is the one that has not released a Blu-Ray player yet.

But, I say screw HD DVD AND Blu-Ray, lets just stick with D-VHS (HD VHS).

quick update, RCA has an HD-DVD player for $375 and Samsung has a Blu-ray player for $1000. Stores are taking pre-orders for the Sony Blu-ray unit for $1000.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Oh, 375 huh? I wonder if the play back on that unit will be considerably better than what the Xbox 360 hd dvd drive will be able to output at 200 dollars. Time to do some research. Im itching to watch Last Samurai on HD DVD

Thanks for the update!

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast