Page 3 of 707 FirstFirst ... 234813 ... LastLast
Like Tree2636Likes

Thread: The P.W.T.F.Y.W.A.M.S.S.L. Thread

Re: The P.W.T.F.Y.W.A.M.S.S.L. Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Speedde423 View Post
    Just took mine out to break it in a bit more. Had it a little while now, but between storms, travel and getting sick, I haven't ridden it much.

PROTIP: You're doing it wrong.
    Demoralized likes this.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    PROTIP: You're doing it wrong.
    The local asphalt test track was open only for bikes today. Nice, relatively level surface with no cars. I can't find a good level spot in town to really see what I can do, and not having to worry about cars with a new bike is nice.

But yes, normally I'd agree with your assessment.
    DennyCrane likes this.

Not if the pedals are connected to the axle

I will now show you the dance of my people.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akabaloo View Post
    How do you keep track of miles you've ridden on a bicycle
    I have a little odometer that clips on and tracks the mileage statistics... A local shop did a promo where if you put 100mi on it within 30 days it was free.. and at that time i was averaging over 30/wk.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedde423 View Post
    That sucks. What kind are you going to get to replace it?

Just took mine out to break it in a bit more. Had it a little while now, but between storms, travel and getting sick, I haven't ridden it much.
    Nice!

Well... I loved my Cruiser... But I'll probably get a hybrid or road bike this time. Most of my riding is in Davis which is relatively flat. My Cruiser was great since I hadn't been on a bike in like 15yrs, but it took some work to go really fast and it was extremely heavy. A hybrid or road would be more appropriate for a commuter bike, so I'll see what I can do for ~$300-400 for a used bike that fits me well.
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

I was looking for pictures of my bike... no joy. But, I found the picture Vega posted of him holding some filthy computer card!

VincentVega and Demoralized like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Teck View Post
    I have a little odometer that clips on and tracks the mileage statistics... A local shop did a promo where if you put 100mi on it within 30 days it was free.. and at that time i was averaging over 30/wk.

Nice!

Well... I loved my Cruiser... But I'll probably get a hybrid or road bike this time. Most of my riding is in Davis which is relatively flat. My Cruiser was great since I hadn't been on a bike in like 15yrs, but it took some work to go really fast and it was extremely heavy. A hybrid or road would be more appropriate for a commuter bike, so I'll see what I can do for ~$300-400 for a used bike that fits me well.
    Nice. So it worked out well. Just to expand on my odometer a bit, there's a magnet on one of the front spokes. There's also a reed switch sensor on the front fork, every time it goes around, the reed switch closes and the computer uses that to figure out distance and speed.

Hmm, do you have bike co-ops in your area? I've heard that you can put the bike together yourself and save some serious money. It's too bad that you're on the other side of the country, I'd give you a bike.

I found an old picture on sR! Still have both the bike and the car.

Teck likes this.

Blog Entries

lol.. Well, i was hoping to sell my cruiser and upgrade... Going rate is ~$300-400 so it was going to fund something else (At UCD Cruisers are very expensive and super popular). I also have a Giant Boulder MTB, but a MTB is the worst on roads.

There are co-ops (lots) but generally they're doing higher end stuff which is why it saves them cash. In my case, I only need a 3-400 dollar bike at most and to build something it was going to be about the same. If I had more notice I may have.. But I start school again in a week (most of the coops meet monthly).

I am fairly lucky though, my two local bike shops are decent and love cash so hopefully ill get something good.

Really it only has to last me about another 1k miles (~30 weeks) and i graduate.
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

Quote Originally Posted by Teck View Post
    lol.. Well, i was hoping to sell my cruiser and upgrade... Going rate is ~$300-400 so it was going to fund something else (At UCD Cruisers are very expensive and super popular). I also have a Giant Boulder MTB, but a MTB is the worst on roads.

There are co-ops (lots) but generally they're doing higher end stuff which is why it saves them cash. In my case, I only need a 3-400 dollar bike at most and to build something it was going to be about the same. If I had more notice I may have.. But I start school again in a week (most of the coops meet monthly).

I am fairly lucky though, my two local bike shops are decent and love cash so hopefully ill get something good.

Really it only has to last me about another 1k miles (~30 weeks) and i graduate.
    Ah.

What about swapping the tires to smoother ones and either locking the MTB fork or getting a standard fork for it? (Like Surly 1X1 Fork > Components > Forks > Rigid Forks | Jenson USA) Would be cheaper than getting another bike.

Page 3 of 707 FirstFirst ... 234813 ... LastLast