Page 697 of 735 FirstFirst ... 687692696697698702707 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,970 of 7347
Like Tree2767Likes

Thread: The P.W.T.F.Y.W.A.M.S.S.L. Thread

Re: The P.W.T.F.Y.W.A.M.S.S.L. Thread

Yep, I kind of had one of those yesterday. I made a replacement circuit board for an old power supply, this is the culmination of 3 weeks of analysis, R&D, and learning. It took about 5 hours after work last night to etch, drill, and then populate the board and do a sanity test. Seems to be working, but some stuff I need to complete the rebuild is still in the mail. Regardless, I am pretty damn tired today from that long day
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The P.W.T.F.Y.W.A.M.S.S.L. Thread-20190424_205947.jpg   The P.W.T.F.Y.W.A.M.S.S.L. Thread-20190424_213546.jpg  

Found your problem:

VincentVega likes this.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Annd morning all!

Friday. YAY!

Don't know why I never thought about it - but trying to changing my SSID's for home wireless (5 and 2.4Ghz) to the same name. We do that at work and... just never occurred to me that you can do that, and if your devices are smart enough about steering to the best network... it'll just switch when it needs to (other than having to manually change).

I have a wireless speaker set that totally destroys 2.4Ghz though when it's in use (lol) - so i'm curious to see if having them the same will... well, that the devices will be smart enough to say "oh hey, this sucks - i'm moving to 5Ghz" - we'll see lol.
    DennyCrane likes this.
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    Found your problem:

Oh man, those dang 071.. and the... ugly..brownish color on that part of the board! I mean, common!
    VincentVega likes this.

So, after all that, the thing still didn't work. A couple more nights, and I found another issue. A bad comparator chip. My dad told me it is a PITA to analyze feedback circuits, and he was right. Seems to be working now, but I won't say for sure until replacement parts come in Monday.

Morning all!

And.. what is this thing going to do when its all finished anyways?

morning. Another monday.

It's a power supply that goes to a non-working dynamic signal analyzer, a piece of electronic test gear

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogik View Post
    Annd morning all!

Friday. YAY!

Don't know why I never thought about it - but trying to changing my SSID's for home wireless (5 and 2.4Ghz) to the same name. We do that at work and... just never occurred to me that you can do that, and if your devices are smart enough about steering to the best network... it'll just switch when it needs to (other than having to manually change).

I have a wireless speaker set that totally destroys 2.4Ghz though when it's in use (lol) - so i'm curious to see if having them the same will... well, that the devices will be smart enough to say "oh hey, this sucks - i'm moving to 5Ghz" - we'll see lol.
    I had the same name for both my 5ghz and 2ghz SSID's for a long stretch but had a different issue the 5ghz devices would join the 2ghz network too often for my taste. Seemed they just joined the first one that allowed a connection. At the time I had an Android tablet that when it was on the network it could only join the 2ghz one even though it saw the 5ghz one as well and it would saturate the 2ghz network with its traffic, i also had a phone that only did 2ghz wifi. So rather than having everything on the bogged down 2ghz network I just used separate SSIDs. Now I think everything is on the 5ghz network and i use the 2ghz one as my guest network (its on a different subnet than my computers and doesn't pass traffic along to the rest of the network).
    FuzzyLogik likes this.

Morning all!

Snowing pretty good outside. Tried to cover some plants lol but by this evening it should be in the 50ies so it'll likely all be gone by then - might be hard to tell though with what it looks like though and I'm betting some trees are going to lose branches :P

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDD View Post
    I had the same name for both my 5ghz and 2ghz SSID's for a long stretch but had a different issue the 5ghz devices would join the 2ghz network too often for my taste. Seemed they just joined the first one that allowed a connection. At the time I had an Android tablet that when it was on the network it could only join the 2ghz one even though it saw the 5ghz one as well and it would saturate the 2ghz network with its traffic, i also had a phone that only did 2ghz wifi. So rather than having everything on the bogged down 2ghz network I just used separate SSIDs. Now I think everything is on the 5ghz network and i use the 2ghz one as my guest network (its on a different subnet than my computers and doesn't pass traffic along to the rest of the network).
    Yup, we'll see how this works. So far so good but haven't done as much outside or with those wireless speakers to see how the devices handle it. Seems like from stuff I've read online is that older devices really have a hard time with this (being named the same) but newer or more current devices don't have that issue and this can actually help things? hmmm... we shall see!