Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 61011
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Dropping the Cable/Satellite Monster

Re: Dropping the Cable/Satellite Monster

Canada is cracking down on Kodi box sellers, too. Still free and legal in the U.S.A.
    I'm not interested in finding a middle ground between what's right and what's wrong.

So, I thought I bricked my Android TV box. New 4K TV, well, I better update my screen resolution settings, right? 'K.... scroll down... there it is, 4K. Press enter. Black screen. Popup. Resolution not supported. Shit. Wait. No "Do you want to keep this setting?" thing that reverts back to previous resolution. Shit.

I tried to do a factory reset on it with the hidden reset switch, and nothing showed on the screen. Then, I figured it out... my old AV receiver does not support 4K HDMI passthrough. Shit.

'K. Unplugged it from the receiver and plugged the Android box directly to the TV. All is well. The box fired up fine and displays perfectly.

Sigh...

Add a new 4K compatible receiver to my Black Friday wish list. Sucks, too. My receiver is pure awesomesauce.
    I'm not interested in finding a middle ground between what's right and what's wrong.

Denny you may also need to replace the HDMI cables you have depending upon how old the ones you have are. They need to be HDMI v 1.4or 1.4a for 4K and 2.0 for full HDR support at that resolution. Something like that anyway cables are cheap.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 61011