Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2348 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Dropping the Cable/Satellite Monster

Blog Entries
    lol

Not necessary to drop sat if you have it. You can drop the subscription and get an FTA STB. This will allow you to get free (legit) tv from several different satellites. Now an HD antennae like coffee referred to is much cheaper and most likely better. But for those in the desert or peeps like me above Lat 50 that won't see a signal, I think it's a decent alternative.

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    Yeah, definitely, that's why everyone should do a trial run before cancelling anything. make sure you can still get what you want. This is just my experience and hopefully others can do similarly if they want.

if you are like me and have a dodgey internet connection @ home you can't stream anything. I need a download manager to complete any download over 10 meg.

Blog Entries
    It's not a big deal, but I find it very annoying when I go to abc, and the video starts playing. Didn't they learn from ESPN?

ABC's player sucks. I always torrent Lost.

I couldn't hear anything DJ_Wheels's Avatar
    I don't really mind ABC's player, just change your settings so that it automatically continues after the ad plays so you don't have to click. ABC does have the most annoying ads, but overall I like the player. I only use it to watch Scrubs though.

The only two that are worth watching online are FOX and FX. The quality of content that Move Networks provides is far better than anything you get with Cable or Satellite. ABC's player has excellent full-screen, HD quality, too, but their network just has nothing that I'm interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeShark View Post
    Yeah, definitely, that's why everyone should do a trial run before cancelling anything. make sure you can still get what you want. This is just my experience and hopefully others can do similarly if they want.
    Yeah that's the best idea for anybody I had tried the hd antena thing a year ago and the only channel i get is nbc (standard) and PBS HD haha so i just been sticking with direct tv for now...Here's a site that finds HD channels in your area if you want to try an antenna.
    Antec Nine Hundred HomebrewV2.9.1 | Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 3.4ghz |4gb 800mhz ddr2 corsair xms2 led ram | WD VelociRaptor 300gb(x3) |Dual 1GB GeForce GTX 285 XXX Cards | Asus Striker Extreme | 1000Watt Enermax Galaxy | Windows 7 Pro | Sony Bravia 32' LCD | Windows 7 Performance Score 6.9 |3d Mark 06 23,106 |

Accounts: - Digg - Vimeo - Twitter - Revision3

There's no way ABC's online "HD" is HD. Certainly not 1080i, and I highly doubt even 720p. At best it appears 480p.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2348 ... LastLast