Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Earbuds!

Colombia [CO]
    Tao

Earbuds!

I'm at the gym and my skull candy has enraged me enough to post instead of lift.

In another thread I mentioned looking at a pair of shure 215s. They seem quality and would set me back a Benjamin. But there currently is a promo for a pair of sennheiser earbuds for $70 off the normal price of $100.

Now I don't have a problem paying out for quality but I can't ignore the deal. Do the senns look good even though they will essentially be a thirty dollar pair?

No links because I'm on my phone.

EDIT: Didn't mention the deal is on the egg.

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

Re: Earbuds!

sennheisers are excellent, but the main issue with gym buds is making sure they stay in your fucking earholes. make sure they come with 3 ear size rubber thingys

Sic vis pacem para bellum Essen's Avatar

Think about what you're truly using them for at the gym. Something durable that'll stay in your ear and provide at least decent audio. They're both respected brands, but I think Shure specializes more in the earbud category.

Earbuds are tools of the MAN...man! It's YOUR music, let the WORLD hear it... MAN!!!

0118 999 881 999 119 7253

The Shures are definitely nicer, but your phone has a garbage integrated dac, so actually quality differences will be minimal. If these are just for the gym, go with the $20-30 Sennheisers. If you plan on using these daily then go with the Shures. One thing the Shures have going for them is that they make really nice ear tips. You also just missed out on another Klipsch S4 deal for $49.99. I'd say they slot in between the lower end Senns and the Shures, but from what I've read, they can use the Shure tips.

If you don't like the stock tips I've also heard a lot of good things about this company's products:
    Comply

If you haven't bought yet I'll keep an eye out for new earphone deals.

Hey there,

I had a big problem with ear buds for my workout. They always fell out, I'm also a stickler for quality.

I got these for xmas: http://www.klipsch.com/image-s4-black-in-ear-headphones

They are Klipsch ear buds.

They have great quality for $80, most importantly they don't fall out when I go for a run!

I highly recommend these.

I've never had a problem with earbuds not staying in my ear, I have more of a problem with sweat getting in them and messing them up. I sweat a lot, so that might not be a problem for you, but for workouts, I go with $15-$20 max, because my earbuds always crap themselves eventually.

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

sweat? I thought that was your body telling you to stop!

Colombia [CO]
    Tao

fell asleep on the newegg promo for the 4th. i'll keep shopping around a bit and see what's up.

Do you have any favorite genres or is there a certain sound you look for from your earphones? (ie- airy, neutral, bass heavy, etc.) You're probably fine choosing between the Senns, Klipsch, and Shure, though there are other iems that are peppered around that range depending on what style sound you're looking for. For example, these are supposed to have skull crushing bass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast