Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: HTPC or PS4...

Re: HTPC or PS4...

Yup, HDMI CEC. PS4 supports it, if I can remember, I'll try it out.
    PS4 CEC Support! (A hidden gem for Home Theaters!... - PlayStation® Forums
    FuzzyLogik and DennyCrane like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedde423 View Post
    Yup, HDMI CEC. PS4 supports it, if I can remember, I'll try it out.
    PS4 CEC Support! (A hidden gem for Home Theaters!... - PlayStation® Forums
    Nice, will have to check that out. I noticed that my stand-alone bluray player on a different tv will turn the TV on (and if i turn the TV off it'll turn the bluray player off as well)... never tried that with my HT though... have to see if it works
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Turned it on... not sure if i need to do anything with my receiver though :P We'll see if it at least turns that on lol

I don't know how your receiver works, but make sure it has the capability. I'm not sure if I had to turn anything on in the receiver, but my system is all Sony, and labeled with Bravia Sync. So it may have figured that out. The TV has 3 HDMI inputs, the PS3 and Receiver each use one. Third input is for whatever else I'm playing at the time, but I haven't tried plugging anything into the receiver's inputs.

With the PS3 and television, I can turn on the PS3, PS3 turns on the television and turns it to the PS3 HDMI Input. I can use the Media Remote for anything PS3 related, or I can use the TV remote to scroll through the PS3 menus. If I turn off the PS3, it only shuts down, the television stays on. If I turn off the TV, the PS3 shuts down if it's playing a movie disc, maybe if it's playing a game, never if I'm watching Amazon Prime.

When the receiver is added in, I normally have to turn on the receiver after the television is on, or the tv's speakers don't turn off and makes an echoing effect. Once the receiver is on, the tv remote or receiver remote can navigate the ps3 and adjust the volume of the receiver. If I turn off the TV, the receiver shuts off. Next time I turn on the television, the receiver starts up as well and snags the audio. If I wait for long enough without anything playing, the receiver shuts down on its own, and will not turn itself back on if the television is turned off and on.

I'd imagine the PS4 is the same way, but didn't get to try last night.

Have have to check too... not an old receiver by any means.

but.. Look!

PDP Universal Media Remote - PlayStation 4

looks like this fall your PS4 can have it's wonderful remote back

Though.... i'm still surprised that the PS3 remote won't work on a PS4... but whatever :P

My PS4 performs similarly to the PS3. Just goes into a standby instead of turning completely off. I'd imagine that's a software setting though.

Side note, I haven't turned it on since November. Had a nice thick layer of protective dust.

Need an update here! How are things working with the PS4?

Blog Entries

In my case, im rolling with a SmartTV (Roku) and really liking it. I'm kind of wanting something to do gaming with, but dont like the idea of buying games once on the PC then the console.

I'm considering a steamlink or steam machine. I dont like the idea of having my PC on to play games, but the link is less and more flexible long term. The steam machine has its down downsides.

The other thing I wish I had was some surfing capabilities. The Raspberry Pi just isn't doing it, maybe a Pi 2? Ehh... I'm not sure.
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

I play different games on the PC and the PS4. for an FPS, I still think the keyboard/mouse rules, but a car game like Gran Turismo? Can't beat a controller.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12