Thread: Going to try a new MMO, but which?

Going to try a new MMO, but which?

stuck between these two, which to choose?

Guild Wars
    Warhammer Online

Re: Gunna try a new MMO, but which

I played WarHammer when it launched. I was incredibly disappointed. I hope it's somewhat improved now. My biggest issue is that I got all the way to level 20 and the armor had like 3 sets of graphics. No variety at all.

Guild Wars is free, so that's a plus. I jumped on it when they had it on sale via Steam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    denny, i didn't know your cadillac had crank windows.

I've never played either Ant, but I know people that thoroughly enjoy each of them. Our own Sleepy (member here) is a huge Warhammer guy and might be able to tell you more about it.

I do know that Guild Wars was played by quite a few here for a while so again, maybe some input will be added as people read this thread. Oh yes, and as Panic noted, Guild Wars is free which is never a bad thing.

Apb

i playeed guild wars allot a while back. you need friends that play it or you must be the type who can grind alone for hours. since sometimes it takes time to level up
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I got played by henry, wtf!

Even counting the problems Age of Conan had around the time that Warhammer launched, most people I knew that left for it ended up coming back, though I have no experiences with it myself. I did try Guild Wars years ago, it was fun, not to mention no monthly fee bit is cool.
    AMD FX-8350 @4.0Ghz, ASrock 990FX Extreme4, 8GB DDR3 1600, Sapphire R9 280x Toxic 3GB, Corsair HX850w Gold, Asus 27" LCD, Roccat Kone XTD, Roccat ISKU, Coolermaster CM Storm Sirus 5.1, Antec 1200

never played guild wars, tried AOC, and have been playing WAR since release. there are a ton of things i can say good and bad about WAR. with that being said, i can narrow them down if i knew what your play style is. WAR is for the most part PvP with a lot of fun PvE instances thrown in. guilds/alliances will recruit depending on your play style.

all in all, GW is free from what i read, WAR is 15.00 a month after first month , but does offer an unlimited trial, level 10 cap i think. lots of people on all servers do take advantage of that , problem being , there a fook load of twinks.

my advice to you is download the free trail of war, no cost up front and play it see what ya think. if ya can do the same with GW then play that also. i do not know if AOC offers a free trail but a quick search should net you some results.

any specific questions about WAR , let me know either here or in a PM. be glad to answer what i can.

AMD FX-8350 @4.0Ghz, ASrock 990FX Extreme4, 8GB DDR3 1600, Sapphire R9 280x Toxic 3GB, Corsair HX850w Gold, Asus 27" LCD, Roccat Kone XTD, Roccat ISKU, Coolermaster CM Storm Sirus 5.1, Antec 1200

Re: Going to try a new MMO, but which?

I've been trying Guild Wars out a little lately and it seems okay. I can't say much for Warhammer since I've never tried it. However, I can tell you, I'm STILL addicted to City of Heroes after 5 years. I take occasional breaks but I always come back to it. CoH also costs though - $15/month

Re: Going to try a new MMO, but which?

Could try Aion.