Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars the Old Republic

Re: Star Wars the Old Republic

Picked it up yesterday. Great game very easy on the computer graphically. Runs flawlessly on a i7 2600 /w a HD6750. My only gripe is tracking down the quest guys it can be confusing when you get started. Started a Sith Inquisitor. Haven't had a chance to leave the noob area yet still have a few more tests to endure.

United States [US]
    joe

good to see a few of you guys playing it...MMOs usually aren't my thing, but this one did look interesting for all the usual reasons associated with it...please let us know how it plays as you get further into the game...

Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    good to see a few of you guys playing it...MMOs usually aren't my thing, but this one did look interesting for all the usual reasons associated with it...please let us know how it plays as you get further into the game...
    I've been playing it rather heavily - have had an influx of spare time that coincided great with the release.
    Currently I'm level 35/50 playing an Assassin (SI); I've loved every minute of it. I can't say it is groundbreaking in any way, but it is definitely the best MMO I've played to date of this type.

One major departure from other MMO's is the fact that the story will keep you paying attention instead of grabbing every quest in an area quickly and moving on. Think Kotor on a massive scale. Bioware's voice acting is superb. This is the first MMO in which I have had no desire to rush through to level cap, the story is just too awesome to skip, and this has held true for all four classes I have played.
    Intel 8600k 6 core i5 @4.3Ghz, Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 Z370 Mobo , 16GB G.Skill 3200MHz Ripjaws, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Gaming ICX 11GB, EVGA Supernova G2 750w Gold, BenQ 32" 1440p 4ms LCD, Corsair Sabre RGB, Corsair K70 Lux, HyperX Cloud II 7.1, Corsair Graphite 780t

T-Bagging The Critically Wounded BetterOffDead's Avatar

I was in the open beta since August and played it quite a bit (I think around lvl 40 was the highest I made it before they wiped for another build). I think my opinion mirrors Zallan's in that they didn't make any massive deviations from other MMOs, but it's very fun to play. I haven't kept up with what all was fixed since beta, but there were some annoyances where I felt they should have learned from mistakes that other MMOs have made, but the positives overshadow them well. They really marketed early on about voice-over aspect of this game, but honestly that wouldn't even make my list of top reasons why I enjoyed the game. I ended up turning on the subtitles for conversations because I kept needed to take my headset off mid-conversation and would miss what was going on.

Unfortunately right now I just don't have the time to play it and I cannot really afford another $15/mo for my gaming addiction...lol. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good MMO, but right now I'm still content with playing LOTRO and I'll check back in on this game in the future.

The story is engrossing. I want to kill Harkun so bad i can taste it.

this looks fun as hell, too bad i can't afford an MMO right now.

Intel i7 920 2.67Ghz - GeForce GTX 670 - ASUS Sabertooth X58 Mobo - CORSAIR DDR3 6GB RAM - Antec 900 Case - Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W PS - Razer Mamba/Anasi

The opening cinematic sequences relative to which side you choose are out of this world. I didn't pay a lot of attention when I chose sith, but i watched the rebel movie and WOW great stuff.

For anyone wishing to roll Empire on a PvE server, you are welcome in the Obsidian Dragon guild (we have about 38 or so members currently and are growing steadily). We have a 35 man Vent and cater to casual and hardcore alike. We will be focusing on endgame content when the time comes. You can find us at Obsidian Dragon Clan, or you can send a tell to Hippie, Veprin, Bonecrusher or Zenoric in game on the Sith Wyrm server.
    Intel 8600k 6 core i5 @4.3Ghz, Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 Z370 Mobo , 16GB G.Skill 3200MHz Ripjaws, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Gaming ICX 11GB, EVGA Supernova G2 750w Gold, BenQ 32" 1440p 4ms LCD, Corsair Sabre RGB, Corsair K70 Lux, HyperX Cloud II 7.1, Corsair Graphite 780t

Finally finished the noob phase. Good Lord Kaas city is HUGE!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast