Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 45

Thread: Star Wars the Old Republic

Re: Star Wars the Old Republic

sadly the grouping system and constant RP killed this game for me, also the maps blow. just couldnt get used to it. community was actually great, although anything is great compared to WoW community.

Intel i7 920 2.67Ghz - GeForce GTX 670 - ASUS Sabertooth X58 Mobo - CORSAIR DDR3 6GB RAM - Antec 900 Case - Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W PS - Razer Mamba/Anasi

Blog Entries

constant RP? role playing?

How would you improve the grouping system and other parts of the game?

I hit 50 a couple weeks ago, am now level 40 PvP and fairly T2 geared. I'm having a blast with my guild, some are running lvl 50 hard modes, and we are finally close to full operations status. I think there is a lot to do end game to keep one busy. Maps are indeed a bit linear. Not sure what you mean by RP? The story? I don't think this game is going anywhere for a long time, if they don't screw up royally I'd love to see what they can do with it when it has been out as long as other titles. My main gripe is that there are so few Republic toons in PvP, they never organize much on my server. I suppose it will get better as Imp's level their Rep Alt's though. Hopefully when merges happen eventually some of the issues will be alleviated.
    Last edited by OD-BLOODED-1; 01-26-2012 at 03:31 PM.
    Intel 8600k 6 core i5 @4.3Ghz, Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 Z370 Mobo , 16GB G.Skill 3200MHz Ripjaws, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Gaming ICX 11GB, EVGA Supernova G2 750w Gold, BenQ 32" 1440p 4ms LCD, Corsair Sabre RGB, Corsair K70 Lux, HyperX Cloud II 7.1, Corsair Graphite 780t

Quote Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post
    constant RP? role playing?

How would you improve the grouping system and other parts of the game?
    make it so every conversation isn't an instanced cut-scene in which you have to wait for everyone else in the group to complete before you can move on. I'm a fast reader i can read the subtitles much faster than a voice actor can say it to me, so i skip the dialog if its not that important. this is what i mean by constant RP, why does every quest have to be a 5-minute long sob story about something? "oh my god my son ran off with some rebels and now i just don't know what to do blah blah blah could you find it in your heart to go find his blah blah destroyed remains or maybe lie to me because he just really doesn't want to come home"

these kind of dialogs/descisions do not interest me in the slightest. and when i get a constant message that says "waiting on party members" i get pretty frustrated. I'm sure the end game if fun and more involved but i just dont feel like i can grind through these lower levels of pure linear questing and lame slow ass dungeons that don't take any real skill, just alot of spamming a couple buttons till everything dies. and to improve the maps, i would update them from the ones they used 7 years ago on mass effect 1. you're telling me those are the best that they could come up with? they are barely readable, you can only track one type of location at a time, and they just look like ass.

unfortunately i forgot to cancel in time and just got charged for my first month. FUCK.

Intel i7 920 2.67Ghz - GeForce GTX 670 - ASUS Sabertooth X58 Mobo - CORSAIR DDR3 6GB RAM - Antec 900 Case - Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W PS - Razer Mamba/Anasi

Blog Entries

Star Wars the Old Republic-darthobamademotivator.jpg

Darth Obama is scary... XD

My name on Ven Zallow is Falheart. Once I hit level 30 i'll be known as Falheart Corsiquant.

Writer: Ugh, this post is heavy! Someone get me a wooden beam!
    Moderator: That post better be up to code or Heads WILL Roll :furious:
    Writer: It's set! See? :thumbup:
    [Crash]
    Moderator: ... [Ban]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DWall View Post
    make it so every conversation isn't an instanced cut-scene in which you have to wait for everyone else in the group to complete before you can move on. I'm a fast reader i can read the subtitles much faster than a voice actor can say it to me, so i skip the dialog if its not that important. this is what i mean by constant RP, why does every quest have to be a 5-minute long sob story about something? "oh my god my son ran off with some rebels and now i just don't know what to do blah blah blah could you find it in your heart to go find his blah blah destroyed remains or maybe lie to me because he just really doesn't want to come home"

these kind of dialogs/descisions do not interest me in the slightest. and when i get a constant message that says "waiting on party members" i get pretty frustrated. I'm sure the end game if fun and more involved but i just dont feel like i can grind through these lower levels of pure linear questing and lame slow ass dungeons that don't take any real skill, just alot of spamming a couple buttons till everything dies. and to improve the maps, i would update them from the ones they used 7 years ago on mass effect 1. you're telling me those are the best that they could come up with? they are barely readable, you can only track one type of location at a time, and they just look like ass.

unfortunately i forgot to cancel in time and just got charged for my first month. FUCK.
    You should send them this feedback exactly how it is... tell them why it sucks.

had i been a beta tester, i would have. but unfortunately i bought it on a whim without much research, i've always liked bioware stuff even tho they are packaged with that EA Origin garbage. So sending that now would be wasted energy imo. just figured i'd make it known for anyone around here wondering about picking it up. If you absolutely LOVE star wars lore and everything about the stories, then yeah get it. but the constant storytelling started to make me feel like i was playing a single player game and then waiting for everyone else to catch up.

Game went free to play on 11/15/2012 here is the comparison of features pay vs. free, you guessed it.. its a fail for free players.

Features | Star Wars: The Old Republic

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

yikes. why bother with free?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 45