Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 45

Thread: Spec Wars: Playstation 3 Slim vs XBox360 Elite

Sic vis pacem para bellum Essen's Avatar
    Yeah they did pull some of that stuff after 2007 (I felt it coming, which is why I snagged mine before that move by Sony).

I know they aren't deal breakers by any means. UI, you plan on picking a PS3 up?

Now's a schweet time to pick up a used PS3. I bet a significant ammount of people will "upgrade" to the new one. For no other reason than it's newer.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Germany [DE]
    UI
    Quote Originally Posted by dcikra View Post
    I know they aren't deal breakers by any means. UI, you plan on picking a PS3 up?
    oh yeah! I've been looking into it for a few months now. Denny makes a valid point, as I might see if anyone's selling a used one for cheap, but a slim wouldn't be half bad either. I need a job first, and to kinda get the student loan payments/rent stuff out of the way, but as soon as I have a spendable paycheck I'll be picking up a ps3 and some components for a 'puter build.

You'll be seeing me a lot more in this thread soon, as I've got very limited experience with a ps3 (aside from playing WaW/Skate2 at a buddies') so I'll be asking you guys for your opinions mos def.

Well when you get one let me know, I've played a bunch of games this summer through lovely gamefly.com, so I know what's good and not.

If Duke still frequented here, I'm sure he'd have something to say.

Sorry Dave but you should be old enough to not fall into any Sony marketing hype they spew about any of their products. They are always incorrect to some extent (they need a good dose of humble pie).

The 360 is easy to program for... it's basically a PC.

I'm kind of confused as to why Sony pulled some semi-important features from their Slim PS3, considering they want the PS3 to be the all-encompassing electronic device in your living room (they're feeling the economic impact of their previous price point I suppose).

Personally, I'm mixed on the issue. Sure they F'ed up a bit with how they should have built (and marketed) the system, but it still--despite the large amount of multiplatform titles--offers me the best selection of quality games to play.
    lulz...I'm damn near ancient in age and far from falling for the Sony hype. Doesn't mean I don't think that they shouldn't reap a bit what they sew ya know? Did I buy one for hype? Nope. Blu-ray. Its a great blu-ray player and an overall good value proposition for the buyer; even as an early adopter. Bet they watch their marketing next gen though and take a note from both Nintendo and Sony. They ate a big piece of humble pie...

Germany [DE]
    UI
    Well when you get one let me know, I've played a bunch of games this summer through lovely gamefly.com, so I know what's good and not.
    will do! :thumbsup:

Blog Entries
    Did they take out backwards compatibility when they introduced the PS classics or whatever? That would make some more sense... if they were just going to eventually offer all old games as downloads. Also, the PS2 still sells well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post
    Did they take out backwards compatibility when they introduced the PS classics or whatever? That would make some more sense... if they were just going to eventually offer all old games as downloads. Also, the PS2 still sells well.
    It was to encourage their consumers to buy PS3 games (this decision was made back when PS2 stuff was outselling the PS3 stuff).

Tulkas, the PS Classics section of the PS Store is severely lacking. Although from looking at the Wii Shop, they are missing tons of gems they could add (yes I have a Wii now Craig).

Actually, I'm really excited about Sony re-releasing God of War 1 & 2 on Blu-ray with enhanced graphics and trophy support (first PS2 game to receive such a treatment). [I never played either game--a gaming sin on my behalf]

Last edited by Essen; 09-03-2009 at 12:17 AM.

I pumped for that as well

still happy with the slim, plus it collects almost zero dust

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 45