Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1722262728 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: The Xbox One, One S and One X Thread

Re: The Forthcoming Xbox One

Could just be that they didn't have time to test and get the bugs out before they had to start production for Christmas.

I'm not seeing nearly as many of these on craigslist as PS4s.
    CoffeeShark likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogik View Post
    yeah, i don't understand it either. they already know how to do this stuff from the previous generation... it's nothing new :P
    It's an entirely new platform. The XB1 uses multiple operating systems...including a stripped down Windows 8... to handle gaming, media, interaction between the OS's, etc. I doubt ANY code from the previous XB could be transferred.
    CoffeeShark likes this.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

not really thinking about transferring code - they know how it's done and could do it again. imho the fact that it's more like win8 and an actual x86 proc should make it even easier (same with the PS4).
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

agreed with Speede, console had to come out, better leave out a feature than have a really buggy one.

MisterX

The Xbox One will let you stream content to the console using DLNA, although on day one there's no native support to initiate those streams, so the console acts as a receiver only.

That means Xbox One won't go out and find content on your network, so it can't retrieve those files on your DLNA-compatible media server, for example, that all your other connected devices enjoy.

This is something that could easily be overcome with an Xbox One app in the future, but so you're not kept waiting, here's how you can get streaming to your console right away:

You can easily send content to your console from another DLNA device directly and Xbox One will recognise the incoming stream and open the app required to play it. If you're streaming music, you'll need to have Xbox Music installed as this will act as the receiving music player. If you're sending video or photos, you'll have to have installed Xbox Video. Both apps are free in the Xbox One's store.

Many Android phones have a native app to do this from media applications, but sometimes they are only good for sending local content from the phone to the Xbox One. We tried it out with the HTC One and found it worked well enough.

However, the Skifta app will solve all your problems, as this free app can be the intermediary between your DLNA media server and your Xbox One.

All you have to do is install the app, search for the source and select the playback device: Xbox One will be listed, ready to receive your content. Then you identify the file and across it goes. We've streamed a range of content from our network to the Xbox One without a hitch: it's great for impromptu photo slideshows, great for video and great for music. Bear in mind that your smartphone will need to be able to play the files - ie, have the codecs for the video format.

Skifta is also available for iOS and we've tested Skifta on the iPhone 5S with the Xbox One and it works in exactly the same way as the Android version. Both apps are available for free, right now.

Happy streaming!

Source: play.google.com

Source: itunes.apple.com
    Gantua and FuzzyLogik like this.

nice - wondering if it'll be a matter of time before the PC PS3 media server is moved into the PS4 area to do the same

Quote Originally Posted by MisterX View Post
    The Xbox One will let you stream content to the console using DLNA, although on day one there's no native support to initiate those streams, so the console acts as a receiver only.

That means Xbox One won't go out and find content on your network, so it can't retrieve those files on your DLNA-compatible media server, for example, that all your other connected devices enjoy.

This is something that could easily be overcome with an Xbox One app in the future, but so you're not kept waiting, here's how you can get streaming to your console right away:

You can easily send content to your console from another DLNA device directly and Xbox One will recognise the incoming stream and open the app required to play it. If you're streaming music, you'll need to have Xbox Music installed as this will act as the receiving music player. If you're sending video or photos, you'll have to have installed Xbox Video. Both apps are free in the Xbox One's store.

Many Android phones have a native app to do this from media applications, but sometimes they are only good for sending local content from the phone to the Xbox One. We tried it out with the HTC One and found it worked well enough.

However, the Skifta app will solve all your problems, as this free app can be the intermediary between your DLNA media server and your Xbox One.

All you have to do is install the app, search for the source and select the playback device: Xbox One will be listed, ready to receive your content. Then you identify the file and across it goes. We've streamed a range of content from our network to the Xbox One without a hitch: it's great for impromptu photo slideshows, great for video and great for music. Bear in mind that your smartphone will need to be able to play the files - ie, have the codecs for the video format.

Skifta is also available for iOS and we've tested Skifta on the iPhone 5S with the Xbox One and it works in exactly the same way as the Android version. Both apps are available for free, right now.

Happy streaming!

Source: play.google.com

Source: itunes.apple.com
    Will give ths a try. Great find!

MisterX

Microsoft have released the windows drivers for the XB1 controller.
    Xbox Live's Major Nelson PC Drivers for the Xbox One Controller Now Available :
    Nice to see you don't need a wireless adaptor like the 360 version, just plug in a usb cable and away you go.

The controller is top notch
    DanFortH and Speedde423 like this.

nice, about time they do that.
    Last edited by FuzzyLogik; 06-12-2014 at 07:59 AM.

MisterX

I have a couple of codes for the Xbone Destiny beta , If anyone wants one PM me.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1722262728 LastLast