Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18232728
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: The Xbox One, One S and One X Thread

Re: The Forthcoming Xbox One

If Borderlands and Mass Effect 3 Had sex while Halo was jerking off in the same room , Destiny would be the offspring.
    Some might say my rudimentary knowledge of biology is flawed.

Very impressed with it, smooth fluid gameplay, very enjoyable and available on your platform of preference.
    My only niggle is with the Pvp stuff, seems like everything is an instakill which wouldn't be quite so annoying on PC when you can turn around as fast as you like, but on console and with a controller its irksome.

I don't think there is any Borderlands influence in the game but you are correct it is a melding of Halo and Mass effect. Great game can't wait for the full game to drop in 45 days. Did trhe Strike misson on Earth with 3 people where you have to kill the Devil Walker tank then the giant Eyeball thing. The tank was redonkulous, all 3 of us died over and over to it once we got past it (30 min fight) the final boss was relatively easy.

I think there are a few parallels that can be drawn with Borderlands, Its subjective i guess.

I'm very much enjoying it as well, certainly glad i pre-ordered this one. I was playing solo so didn't even try the walker tank thing. But the game looks very promising indeed

Re: The Xbox One, One S and One X Thread

*Bump*

I unpinned the X360 thread, renamed and stuck this one to replace it.

So, we have 3 versions of the XBox One. The original, the One S and the new One X. I think Microsoft will be working hard to avoid a major fragmentation of the market by using software scaling to allow titles to work across the platform.

I'm entirely new to the XBox arena... the only modern consoles I've ever owned were Playstations. There's some similarity and a LOT that's different. I'm looking forward to diving into this.

EDIT: Input on recommended things to do with this One S is appreciated. Has anyone tried the thing where you plug your cable box into the XBox? Any critical apps? How's Netflix on it? To use 4k, I'm using my TV's smart functions, but I'll probably switch to the One S so I can run audio through my AV receiver.
    Last edited by DennyCrane; 12-10-2017 at 01:19 PM.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    *Bump*

I unpinned the X360 thread, renamed and stuck this one to replace it.

So, we have 3 versions of the XBox One. The original, the One S and the new One X. I think Microsoft will be working hard to avoid a major fragmentation of the market by using software scaling to allow titles to work across the platform.

I'm entirely new to the XBox arena... the only modern consoles I've ever owned were Playstations. There's some similarity and a LOT that's different. I'm looking forward to diving into this.

EDIT: Input on recommended things to do with this One S is appreciated. Has anyone tried the thing where you plug your cable box into the XBox? Any critical apps? How's Netflix on it? To use 4k, I'm using my TV's smart functions, but I'll probably switch to the One S so I can run audio through my AV receiver.
    I forgot about that feature where you plug the cable box into your Xbox. A friend did that with a Kinectified early xbox and voice controlled his TV until that idea lost its luster. Most people who have bought the One S did so because they basically bought a UHD 4K bluray player that doubles as a game console.

Heh, that's why I bought my first PS3. But, I already have a nice 4K player. I guess I need a small 4K TV for the bedroom and move the player in there.

life is all about hard decisions

Quiet, you!
    VincentVega likes this.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18232728