Thread: Movie Discussion

Re: Movie Discussion

IT!!!!!!

THAT!!!!!!
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Watched several movies but .. now to remember what I watched :P

The Lost City of Z: Pretty good, didn't realize it was based on a true story (though i'm sure the last part is completely fabricated since they have no idea what happened on the exploration). I might have skipped just on the fact that it was based on a true story (of something i've never heard of) but I stuck it out.

Spider-Man Homecoming - very entertaining and probably the best Spider Man made imo. I rather liked the fist Spider-Man back in 2001-2002 or whatever but this one was a bit of fresh air in the series.

Alien Covenant - Certainly brought back the gore. Still find it amusing at how scientists in the future seem to forget basic safety...things... you know.. on crazy unexplored planets that appear to have no animal life on them? I enjoyed it though and hopefully with Disney now owning the rights they'll let R. Scott finish his ideas.

Hmmm... and... some other ones? I think I watched more tv shows than anything now that i'm thinking about it lol..
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

With the frigid temp in NY i did watch some movies over the weekend.

ATM: yes thats the name its a terrible horror flick about a guy who terrorizes 3 people in an ATM enclosure in a strip mall. I recognized Josh Peck and Alice Eve. Avoid this unless you really like trash.

Better Watch Out: A solid Christmas themed horror flick. Teenage boy has crush on his babysitter though i have no idea why any teenager needs a babysitter for one evening. and something strange is going on outside the house. No one notable in this aside from Patrick Warburton & Virginia Madsen they aren't in much of it. it has enough twists to keep you interested.

American Made: The film is based on the life of Barry Seal, a former TWA pilot who became a drug smuggler for the Medellín Cartel in the 1980s. most of us will discount this as possible crap but a 85% on RT and a 7.2 on IMDB said let me give it a shot and I did. Its a solid and at times humorous take on the Iran-Contra affair.

Battle of The Sexes: solid flick about the Billie Jean King/Bobby Riggs battle of the sexes tennis match from the early 1970s. Its part biography about Billie Jean's struggles in forming the WTA, part soft gay romance. Emma Stone & Steve Carrell are good and so are Bill Pullman and many of the other supporting players.

checked out Blade Runner 2049. I was expecting something mediocre, yet I was totally amazed at the production values and even the story. You don't even need to see the original movie to enjoy this one

I rewatched the original Bladerunner as well (forgot about that one). Making this ...maybe the fourth version i've seen of the movie? LOL. but yeah - did it specifically to watch 2049... haven't watched it yet... need a few hours of free time good to hear positive info on it (I haven't read anything about it)

I thought it was amazing.
    FuzzyLogik likes this.

lol, Joe Pesci was considered for the role of The Penguin in the earlier Batman movies.
    FuzzyLogik likes this.

annnd, couldn't rent blade runner yet. guess it's available to rent starting today lol.

SO, in the meantime... watched "The Foreigner" - which was a great watch. Probably the best Jackie Chan film in at LEAST the last decade (maybe since the early 2000s or late 90ies)? Good but fairly simple, plot, great action etc. Well worth watching - might put that on the shelf since most of his are there lol... but especially since it's the best one in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    lol, Joe Pesci was considered for the role of The Penguin in the earlier Batman movies.
    lol indeed! well.... i guess it could have worked. that was quite the costume lol.