My player has 4 heads, Mr. Crane. FOUR
    DennyCrane likes this.

Re: Movie Discussion

...but is it HQ?
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Rented Eastwood's The Mule. Way better than Aquaman
    Hehe - will have to check it out sometime - looked interesting to me and I like his last one like this... Gran Turino?
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogik View Post
    Hehe - will have to check it out sometime - looked interesting to me and I like his last one like this... Gran Turino?
    Yeah, he gets to be a little bit of a badass in this one, too, even approaching 90. I don't know if they did some de-aging on him, or if he just had some standard work done, but he had a distinct lack of jowls, which is impressive with someone with his skin and at his age. It actually did make him seem a little younger than normal. But watching him haul himself up a set of front door steps, noticeably pulling with his arm, really called home for me about his advanced years (sadly).

De-aging is used quite a bit in Aquaman, to really good effect, the technology has come a long way in the last 10 years. I assume there is AI/neural net algorithms at work. Scary what they can do these days, and actually getting to the point where it is hard to tell, even with a keen eye

So, watched a few things - went to a Rifftrax Life Fathom event - that was pretty cool, though not THAT much different from watching something at home - just that much more people laughing at ...well, stilly stuff. lol.

Also watched on Netflix "Tripple Frontier" - and though it wasn't a horrible watch, I'm stuck with the thought that.. "MAN that was horribly written" and how easy it would have been to make just some tiny changes. I mean TINY. and the movie would have been WAY better and...maybe... maybe... a good movie. Sad really. Do the people who are writing this stuff actually watch movies or... live in the real world with something of an imagination? :P

AND Lastly - watched the Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse movie. Yup, certainly nice to look at - and.. and... it was actually a good movie that was pretty enjoyable. They didn't ignore ANY of the previous Spiderman stuff... from oldschool cartoons, to the comics to the... well... emo Spiderman - they did all that properly and it really ended up being a good movie! Worth watching for sure.

I saw the new Hellboy and its not good at all. I was bored through a lot of it. i enjoyed the Ron Perlman/Guilermo De toro movies a lot so took a chance despite poor reviews.

That's too bad - they were never like... fantastic movies, but entertaining at least.

Speaking of Perlman, I saw a movie called Asher over the weekend starring good old Ron. Its about an aging hitman (Perlman) who falls for a woman he meets when he has a mild heart attack during a job. A tale of redemption with Richard Dreyfuss, Jacqueline Bisset, & Famke Janssen. I liked it even though it is very predictable.
    DennyCrane likes this.

Not a new movie by any means but I did watch The Dream Team for the first time over the weekend. Michael Keaton, Christopher Llyod, Peter Boyle, & Stephen Furst as mental patients who go missing while on a field trip with their doctor to Yankee Stadium I wonder how I managed to stay away from this one for so long. Its a fun movie with a lot of interesting turns and some good performances.
    VincentVega likes this.

Watched Mortal Engines over the weekend - a pretty good sci-fi flick with a somewhat original idea (though mimics a bit of the plot of the original starwars? lol) for a live-action film. Reminded us of a bunch of different movies including John Carter. Though... not as good as John Carter (which I was very much surprised with and enjoyed). Worthy rental if you like sci-fi

The Honest Trailer for it does a pretty good critique of it and I agree - this could have been a trilogy or something like that so kinda unfortunate it was shoved into one big movie. Fun popcorn flick at least!
    VincentVega likes this.