Page 990 of 991 FirstFirst ... 980985989990991 LastLast
Results 9,891 to 9,900 of 9908
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Movie Discussion

Re: Movie Discussion

I'll just leave this here since you're all watching El Camino.

Finished DS9 again. I have to say, the series finale is most unsatisfying. Actually, a lot of season 7 is dopey, like that whole Kai Winn / Gul Dukat crap. It's supposed to be a primary plot driver, but it feels more like an unpolished side story. I do like how they made Sisko go all Dave Bowman, though. I'd have to say that the series' quality followed an arc much like TNG. Awful in the first season, plodding in the first few seasons overall, wonderful in the middle, and resting on its laurels in the final season. Actually, with more rewatching, I'd say TNG became great in Season 2. Oh, sure, there's still episodes that feel like left over crap from season 1, but it really has some gems. DS9 was crap until Sisko shaved the dome
    DennyCrane likes this.

Found out last night that a documentary on the making of Galaxy Quest is coming out in November (20th anniversary. holy crap) and it looks great. Got stuck reading quotes from the movie lol (such a great movie). Also found out that the movie was initially planned on being rated R and a bunch of stuff was cut from the movie to make it more family friendly. Now, I think it's fantastic with the edits but it'd be cool (now at least) to see the original cut - though 20 years later I doubt any of that was really saved off the floor but oh well . Apparently most of scenes with Tony Shalhoub were cut (he was supposed to be a pot head and high throughout the entire movie )- which makes me understand his character a lot more lol.
    DennyCrane likes this.
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

I totally missed Galaxy Quest when it hit the theaters. A co-worker let me borrow his VHS copy....I love that movie. It's a total parody of Star Trek and the drama between the actors and Shatner. There's a lot of the same feel in The Orville...one of the reasons I like that show so much.
    FuzzyLogik likes this.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    I totally missed Galaxy Quest when it hit the theaters. A co-worker let me borrow his VHS copy....I love that movie. It's a total parody of Star Trek and the drama between the actors and Shatner. There's a lot of the same feel in The Orville...one of the reasons I like that show so much.
    Yeah I was fortunate enough to have seen it in theaters enough to know that sometime after they started to do some editing (like taking out one "f" word - which you can plainly see is dubbed lol). I did hear that Amazon was in the works of creating a TV show based on Galaxy Quest with ALL of the original actors - then Poor Alan Rickman passed and the project was put on hold The Orville came out a couple years after it was put on the shelf (and yeah - like that show too lol).

I've heard the movie being called the best Star Trek movie and probably the best movie to show the relationship (or fantasy) of sci-fi show fans, CONs and the actors that play in them - I believe that's what the documentary is kinda about hehe.
    DennyCrane likes this.

To watch some more halloween-ish movies we decided to just try out Bird Box on netflix.

And.

wow was that a crappy slow movie. so many holes in the plot. so many things not explained. I was kinda hoping that it would be a better (much much much better) "The Happening" - and... nope. it was maybe... just maybe slightly less stupid. I'm sorry if you already watched it. If you haven't? don't. there's plenty of campy horror films out there that are probably at least a little bit entertaining :P ugh.

I tried to watch it, but I got bored shortly after starting and never came back

I watched it. I had to keep reminding myself it was free with Netflix.
    FuzzyLogik and VincentVega like this.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Oh! if you haven't seen it or like any of the previous movies - Toy Story 4 was.... hilarious..! I liked the other movies but this one was just.. extra awesome. And brings hope that Pixar didn't forget what made their movies so good (you know - less PSA, more fun). And.. Forky. just... lol. "I'm trash!"
    VincentVega likes this.

FWIW: Zombieland 2: Double Tap was satisfying.
    VincentVega likes this.