Page 213 of 213 FirstFirst ... 203208212213
Results 2,121 to 2,129 of 2129
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: TV Discussion

Re: TV Discussion

Annnd finished season two of Luke Cage. Fun show! Though... starts off slow though (and some stuff just drags on... feels like a LOT of stuff could have been left out that wouldn't have done much of anything to the plot) and some great parts. And though again, starting around episode 10 (or right after 10) the entire feel of the show itself changes. The pacing, everything. It's like they realized that they didn't have a satisfying end to season 2, had Season 3 story set up but with too much filler, decided to remove ALL of the filler (and most scene establishment) and just made their idea for season 3 the last few episodes of season 2. it felt.... Odd... to me. Though others noted they should have removed maybe some of the first episodes (like 3 lol) and then kept the rest *shrugs* - I'm thinking people are going to be pretty split on how the season ends.

and to hopefully not spoil anything:
    Spoiler:And... we know Luke is not a perfect character, but... I think they made the jump to anger for his character a bit sudden and confusing. Yeah, he had a bad past... but it didn't feel right that NOW was the time where he'd get so upset that he started to somehow enjoy hurting folks and thinking more about himself (while denying it). The conflict with his father felt...out of order...well, especially for the dad. The very end was also confusing, saying that his wish is to burn down Harlem's Paradise but then 15 seconds later he not only got the place back up and running... but he's wearing suits and happily playing "king" or "crime boss" (to take care or control the crime in town)? Just...feels odd for his character. I don't mind good guys/bad guys making stupid choices but there's not very much there to show a good reason for why they make those choices. They did a good job on Bushmaster though.
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Annd very slowly finished two other shows (lol):

Lost in Space and the second season of Sneaky Pete.

Lost in Space... boy. I want to like the show but i'm not sure if i can. Has a cool premise, great production values etc., acting was fine I guess...but... the writing. the dialogue. the choices people make (or don't). just feels out of place. These are to be the best of the best (sure, not all are there who passed these tests i'm sure, including the main "bad guy" lady) but MAN do they do stupid stuff. a LOT. And it gets people killed and about screws up everything they do. And usually a bad guy person can be a great bad guy or just a 'meh'...but... this one.. is... just...cringe-worthy. Would be a good bad-guy except for the fact that it's painfully obvious that she's the bad guy. Not because the viewer knows it, but because it didn't feel like there was any reason for the characters in the show to not know it. ugh. which also get people killed. but even when it's known... you know, lets just keep making more stupid decisions.
    To me, this is just lazy writing. Can't have the bad guy actually smart about something, lets just make the good guys just that much more randomly stupid so that the bad guy can take advantage of that stupidity. really? can't figure out something actually clever to do? or have something fail/break/problem/whatever that actually feels like a hurdle they need to conquer rather than...well... deal with stupid choices? *shrugs* - show could have been so much more. Maybe they'll make it better with less characters and maybe on some sound stage somewhere for the second season. At least it actually shows how they got lost in space. it's just sad that the premise could be compared to "oops, forgot the map! *queue laugh-track*" as to how they got lost :P
    (waay over simplification - but whatever... i'll likely watch the next season though as I like sci-fi lol :P)

Sneaky Pete
    If you liked the first season you'll probably like the second. Felt like a show that is something like the baby of Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (though without the humor) and...maybe Breaking Bad? or maybe Justified? (not just because of some of the same actors are in this)... I dunno. It has a LOT going on. I mean, there's at least 3-4 different plots, 5 or more? I'm not sure how to break that down actually but they all end up mixing. This doesn't suffer from writing problems and stuff and ends up being a kinda cool caper/mystery/drama show. Not bad, keeping me interested in seeing what happens next and doesn't move too slow.

I couldn't get past the first episode of Lost in Space

I'm about 4 episodes in. I like it, except for the whole "Dad is a stupid white guy and the women are the smart ones especially Judy now since she's also inexplicably a POC" thing.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

There's redeeming qualities. but ...so many times.. too many times... I wanted to do a facepalm.

On a different note... been trying to watch Rick and Morty and Final Space - just.... lol.

Rick & Morty is excellent. It even has it's own meme pasta.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.
    FuzzyLogik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    Rick & Morty is excellent. It even has it's own meme pasta.
    I rather like Dan Harmons stuff - found out yesterday that the Rick and Morty bus thing was in town this week and got quite the crowd. Would have been kinda cool to have seen it though

Needz moar Szechuan sauce.
    FuzzyLogik likes this.

Page 213 of 213 FirstFirst ... 203208212213